Zirconia Shade frustrations

J

John C

Reaction score
Do you know if there are any multi-blocks that will work with a Roland Dwx4?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Not to my knowledge. You may want to get a new or used mill that takes the standard 98 MM disc.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Zirconia Shades ,,,AAAARRRRRRR . ,,,, You cannot rely on what the pre coloured disc or colouring liquid lists . Every case I pre check my test crowns against the vita shade guide to figure out the best chroma/value for the case i'm working on . I really wish I didn't have to do this . I'm hoping a few more years they will have this dialed in (it has gotten a lot better)
test crowns.JPG

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You mean when you order a pre shaded A2,It's not always an A2?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So let me get this straight.

When I outsource my crowns to a milling center, I'm not really making my crowns and should do everything " in house".
When a dentist out sources his impressions to a lab, that is great but when he makes crowns "in house" the world is coming to an end and he's putting us poor techs out of a job..

th

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
You mean when you order a pre shaded A2,It's not always an A2?
It's 2017 and there's no longer just one A2. A2 is now a spectrum and your A2 might not be the same as someone else's A2 but if they tell you that they feel that it's A2, then it's A2 and you must embrace it. Welcome to the future.

user name

user name

Reaction score
So let me get this straight.

When I outsource my crowns to a milling center, I'm not really making my crowns and should do everything " in house".
When a dentist out sources his impressions to a lab, that is great but when he makes crowns "in house" the world is coming to an end and he's putting us poor techs out of a job..

th
I think youre attempting to equate cooking at home, fine dining and having McDonalds delivered simply because theyre all 'food'.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I think youre attempting to equate cooking at home, fine dining and having McDonalds delivered simply because theyre all 'food'.
The McLounge delivers??

user name

user name

Reaction score
The McLounge delivers??
We have an enterprising couple of folks (outsourcers) that grab food from where ever you like (food mass producers) and deliver. You pay them as though they made it. :eek:

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I started a business like that in the late 80's. It took off an I sold it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The pictures I see on the menu don't look anything like they do on the plate.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
The pictures I see on the menu don't look anything like they do on the plate.
That's because zirconia is non-photogenic. Just call it A2 and have another beer.

J

John C

Reaction score
Im pretty sure when Drs. Prescribe A2 it just means A2 ish

user name

user name

Reaction score
I had a sad visit to an office yesterday. I had provided a crown, free of charge to a Dr and he sent the same file to Glidewell so he could compare. The assistant showed them to me. She said she couldn't tell a difference. Mine was an accurate C-1, Katana STML, the Glidewell was a bright whitish very opaque; no anatomy. Mine was beautiful. I said, Are you serious, you think they look the same? All she said was, "well, they look the same to me, and this one is only 89 dollars. its not like the patient cares."

C

charles007

Reaction score
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... in dentistry more times than not, its in the eyes of the wallet holder..
Unfortunately poorly trained/ uneducated hands, all crowns look the same......... :rolleyes:

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I had a sad visit to an office yesterday. I had provided a crown, free of charge to a Dr and he sent the same file to Glidewell so he could compare. The assistant showed them to me. She said she couldn't tell a difference. Mine was an accurate C-1, Katana STML, the Glidewell was a bright whitish very opaque; no anatomy. Mine was beautiful. I said, Are you serious, you think they look the same? All she said was, "well, they look the same to me, and this one is only 89 dollars. its not like the patient cares."
I would have asked her when was she getting the Cataract Surgery ?
Glasses.jpg

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I think that is way more common than we'd like to know or admit. Even when they can see the difference they don't see $100 worth of a difference.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Sadly, I think that is way more common than we'd like to know or admit. Even when they can see the difference they don't see $100 worth of a difference.
Wow ! are there many charging that much over the price of Glidewell. I like to think I do really nice work and I charge roughly 20% more on the basic stuff.:(

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Wow ! are there many charging that much over the price of Glidewell. I like to think I do really nice work and I charge roughly 20% more on the basic stuff.:(

I thought everything on the west coast was twice as much ;).

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Th
They are myopic. It is about $80 better looking to them.