Zirconia Shade frustrations

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I have been very disappointed with the shades I've been getting back from Argen lately. I'm not sure what's going on out there, but the shades are way off. There doesn't seem to be any consistency and I've had to send stuff back multiple times. Argh

So now I am considering the Zenostar through Wieland. I think I would have better success with shades if they were pre-shaded instead of relying on a continuous turnover of technicians to achieve this. I am seeking member input from you guys as to what materials you are having the best results with as far as shades. Pre-shaded pucks or stain it yourself stuff. I need some consistency. Your input is appreciated. Thanks!

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hey, it was good to put a face to the name last week.

Take a look at Matt Roberts' latest Facebook post about the IPS e.max ZirCAD we discussed last week. Shades are looking very good on the pre-shaded disks.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
You should outsource to a facility that offers pre-shaded material or better yet, multi-shaded. The multi is generally very close in price to the pre and well worth the few additional dollars spent. Think about it. You are now sending out units that don't match. What happens if you start sending out units that look much more like natural teeth?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Hey, it was good to put a face to the name last week.

Take a look at Matt Roberts' latest Facebook post about the IPS e.max ZirCAD we discussed last week. Shades are looking very good on the pre-shaded disks.

Enjoyed the course Patrick and ditto that! Can you refresh my memory about the shades available with the Zircad stuff?

Currently, on the Wieland site, the shades are pure, light, medium, and intense for the 16 Classic shades. Then there are the sun and sun chroma used mainly for the 3D shades.

I haven't call to see if anything is different with regards to what they are using. Seems like you said all this was changing. Thanks!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
When I want an A3 denture tooth I will order an A3.
When I order a milled crown I choose a shade that is close to the incisal and not the body or gingival.

I don't have any problem with argen shades. Nobel and Straumann are a different story.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Enjoyed the course Patrick and ditto that! Can you refresh my memory about the shades available with the Zircad stuff?

Currently, on the Wieland site, the shades are pure, light, medium, and intense for the 16 Classic shades. Then there are the sun and sun chroma used mainly for the 3D shades.

I haven't call to see if anything is different with regards to what they are using. Seems like you said all this was changing. Thanks!
Upon release and availability at Ivoclar Troy (formerly WPT, and soon to be Service+) the MT will be available in 8 shades, BL, A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, C2, D2. The MT Multi will be available in BL1, A1, A2, A3, with B1, B2, C2, and D2 coming around Q1 2018.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I think it makes sense to outsource to a facility that uses either 16 pre-shaded discs or even better a full complement of multi-shaded discs.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
or, you know, someone who can do it right.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
or learn the colour wheel.:rolleyes:

user name

user name

Reaction score
If youre frustrated they don't match, imagine how your accounts feel. Theyre paying more than you are! :confused:

Why in the world anyone would sell someone else's crowns is beyond me. Get a dang mill and study the products and produce something better than you can get from walmart.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im not trying to offend anyone (it just happens),but its like trying to convince people youre a home builder, but you have them cut your boards at Home Depot.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Lest I offend anyone else, yes...Im here because I need someone to show me how to use the saw.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i just sweep the floor

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
after 40 years,i don't need to prove to anyone how to make a crown..
other people do that $**** for me now.

C

charles007

Reaction score
For several years now many labs have said there happy with Argens zirconia. I've used Argen for many years and now as a backup only for zir,
and all my dpm/milled pfm/gold. To put it bluntly, their zirconia shades sucks, and has from day one. What I have noticed/learned, as shades are continually looking better
from xyz zirconia's, I quickly learned how bad Argens shades are and have always been. If anyone is happy with their shades now, there clueless. :rolleyes:
Really hate bashing any company, but they are behind the times in achieving ok shades and need a quick kick it the Bootyshake
Sorry Argens, will say your metal frames are nice. :)

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
If youre frustrated they don't match, imagine how your accounts feel. Theyre paying more than you are! :confused:

Why in the world anyone would sell someone else's crowns is beyond me. Get a dang mill and study the products and produce something better than you can get from walmart.

I agree with you user and I would do that if I was 20yrs. younger. But I can't amortize the costs in the time I have remaining in this business. Therefore I am doing my best to find a solution that will give me the something better.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I agree with you user and I would do that if I was 20yrs. younger. But I can't amortize the costs in the time I have remaining in this business. Therefore I am doing my best to find a solution that will give me the something better.
I have a history of making bad decisions, but I think if I only had a 5 year window Id still go full in.

J

John C

Reaction score
You should outsource to a facility that offers pre-shaded material or better yet, multi-shaded. The multi is generally very close in price to the pre and well worth the few additional dollars spent. Think about it. You are now sending out units that don't match. What happens if you start sending out units that look much more like natural teeth?