Zenotec Select & Mini tips and tricks

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
We recently purchased the Zenotec Hybrid and since I didnt see a dedicated thread for this mill, so I figured I'd start one.

Here we can discuss maintenance do's and dont's, milling strategies, and where are people getting the best tools and how to maximize their lifetime, etc, etc....

I've put a spindle tool in the dropbox link below that can be used to easily take the chuck in and out. This is easily milled in zirconia and makes it so you dont have to use those two seperate pieces.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g8wk2pxlku15x8v/AABjh6DRwJVDk1SRq07KsP0ya?dl=0

I will also continue to update the first post with all "tips/tricks" so you wont have to search through a bunch of pages to find them. I'm Looking forward to what everyone has to say

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
Hi Toothman,
I have had a select for about a year so I will be watching this threads with much interest. Hope to be able to help were I can, but so far ,touch wood, I have had no issues other than me learning the software.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Anyone ever have issues with their emax crowns breaking off towards the end of the milling cycle?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Anyone ever have issues with their emax crowns breaking off towards the end of the milling cycle?

Ensure your grinding instruments are not past their life expectancy, and set your insertion axis manually not automatic.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I have been doing that. I was on the phone with wieland support and they showed me that sometimes where you place the sprue, it will leave a hole in it. I'm going to make sure I pay more attention to this. I was also getting black marks in the anatomy, but they were also new burs, so I'm not sure why that was happening

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
If you want to know how to engrave the internal surface of your zirconia crowns/copings, Im going to show you.

After choosing your milling strategy, direction, middle, etc, etc... and you are ready to nest your crown. First right click on the desired crown and choose "Tooth view direction". After you click that it will take you back to the milling strategy window and a second window will pop up. The second window will show you different views of your crown. Choose the view that is showing the internal side of the crown. Then release the crown again. This will turn your crown upside down in the nesting process. All you have to do now is choose what you engrave in the top left hand corner and then nest your crown.

P.S. Your milling strategy also must have engraving as an option

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Still having issues with my emax crowns being push down by the bur to hard and it crown falling out of the block. Im using new burs and and its still happening.

Anyone have this issue before???

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Our Mini is a AWESOME zirconia mill... One of the best. Very happy

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I actually had this happen with our brand new mill we set up here about a week ago. When I called WPT about it they had us update both the CAM and CNC software to the most current versions and it then milled great. If you want, call WPT and they can TeamView with you and help you update everything. Or call me at 800-533-6825 ext 4200 and I can try and help as well.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I actually had this happen with our brand new mill we set up here about a week ago. When I called WPT about it they had us update both the CAM and CNC software to the most current versions and it then milled great. If you want, call WPT and they can TeamView with you and help you update everything. Or call me at 800-533-6825 ext 4200 and I can try and help as well.

Thanks I actually had them on team viewer all day yesterday and they haven't figured anything out yet. I had a crown yesterday that broke off and left a hole on the buccal side. First time that has happened. Is there such a thing as bad burs?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
My first question is is it milling everything else ok and it's just eMax that is giving you trouble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Just emax. zirconia, wax, and pmma all fit perfect. Im also using the individual occlusion strategy if that means anything.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Have you modified the eMax strategy?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Have you modified the eMax strategy?

John, those strategies are locked and should not be changeable by the user.

Toothman19, When is it breaking? Has it started to mill the occlusion at all or is that area still the untouched block?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Lol oh Patrick

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
John, those strategies are locked and should not be changeable by the user.

Toothman19, When is it breaking? Has it started to mill the occlusion at all or is that area still the untouched block?

It's usually the last minute of milling. Majority of the time the crowns come out fine, but the are black marks left behind on the occlusal surface. A couple time when they have fallen off the are knocked of too close to the crown and there's a hole where the spru is.

I have not changed any of the emax strategies, I don't even know how to unlock them(yet). I have a few more I'm gonna test tomorrow with some new burs again. I'm hoping my employing accidentally place used ones in there thinking they were brand new. Only other thing I can thing of is an issue with the synergy liquid, but I'm putting in the 1.5 liters that is recommended. I'll update tomorrow. I'm also still waiting to hear back from wieland

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
It's usually the last minute of milling. Majority of the time the crowns come out fine, but the are black marks left behind on the occlusal surface. A couple time when they have fallen off the are knocked of too close to the crown and there's a hole where the spru is.

I have not changed any of the emax strategies, I don't even know how to unlock them(yet). I have a few more I'm gonna test tomorrow with some new burs again. I'm hoping my employing accidentally place used ones in there thinking they were brand new. Only other thing I can thing of is an issue with the synergy liquid, but I'm putting in the 1.5 liters that is recommended. I'll update tomorrow. I'm also still waiting to hear back from wieland

Toothman19, pm me your number and a good time to call tomorrow.if like to team view with you and see your procedure for placing bars. It almost sounds like they maybe either too small or placed in the wrong spot, but seeing it will confirm.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
It appears we have figured out the problem, I'd had a few used burs sitting by the mill that I forgot to throw away. Well someone else put them in with my new burs and by pure luck each time we tried using a new bur we grabbed the used one. Anyway, we milled out 8 crowns last night and they all stayed on. I do appreciate everyone's input

So lets get back on track, Does anyone have some tips for milling zirconia? How about, how do you get the most life out of your milling burs and grinding burs?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
It appears we have figured out the problem, I'd had a few used burs sitting by the mill that I forgot to throw away. Well someone else put them in with my new burs and by pure luck each time we tried using a new bur we grabbed the used one. Anyway, we milled out 8 crowns last night and they all stayed on. I do appreciate everyone's input

So lets get back on track, Does anyone have some tips for milling zirconia? How about, how do you get the most life out of your milling burs and grinding burs?

Glad you're back on track!