Emax fractures and glaze

PearlySweetKate

PearlySweetKate

Reaction score
You're going to call and trust someone who talks into his shoe??? :D:D

Remember the sage wisdom CRob passed on to you :D:D

Well, Secret Agent 86 might have something awesome and informational to say. ;)

Last edited:
kimba

kimba

Reaction score
I have also had emax glaze go milky when I mistakenly fired it on my PFM glaze cycle which is 850 c with vacuum

J

Judecraw80

Reaction score
That a girl. Always best to believe self proclaimed anonymous imaginary experts rather than real people.
Edit: I'm referring to RKM and C54, not myself.......
I've never proclaimed anything.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

larsondental

larsondental

Reaction score
Good Morning, all.

In your experience, do the HT ingots fracture more often than the LT ingots?

How do you handle a case that fractures? I have two onlays that I pressed seperately. One fractured coming out of the staining cycle, one fractured after coming out of the glazing cycle. I ran correction cycles on both and got one to seat normally, but the second one is probably warped beyond repair.

Also, glazing. I had a nice long chat with Ivoclar about the glaze I've been using, and after taking extensive notes and following his instructions to a T (mixing to be able to pull the 1/2" string, putting it on the surface and moving it around rather than painting it, etc),the glaze STILL came out looking like I dipped it in condensed milk. I'm using the FLUO glaze paste for molars. What do you guys use, and what are pros/cons? Any tips or tricks?

Thanks so much, guys.
I recommend In Sync from Jensen

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@Patrick Coon

Hi Patrick, when Ivoclar adjusted their numbers for emax due to success and at 1mm thick from 400mpa to 500mpa,
did that change the fracture toughness from 2.75 to maybe around 3? Or is it still the same?
I have a Dr that I need to help educate regarding emax and zirconia.

TIA :)

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
@Patrick Coon

Hi Patrick, when Ivoclar adjusted their numbers for emax due to success and at 1mm thick from 400mpa to 500mpa,
did that change the fracture toughness from 2.75 to maybe around 3? Or is it still the same?
I have a Dr that I need to help educate regarding emax and zirconia.

TIA :)

Hey Car54! No, the Fracture Toughness stayed the same at 2.75.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
User, You may rethink that when your LiSi crowns start cracking..

but yes, the new ivocolor glaze is awesome! About time.
haven't heard of any fracturing with LiSi.. am I missing something?
I've been using GC Lustre paste NF, don't have the satin pooling on the occlusal into milky white. I don't see any reason to switch what's working great.

GC also released a new Lustre kit with all combined stains and renamed it ONE, added Flo and a few others. at this point I can't see using anything other than GC. I do intend to pick up the Miyo kit when the lab is running more volume thru

Top Bottom