Zahn Dental....

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
What I like about Zahn is if I order today, it arrives tomorrow, at no extra charge. That is if I call my rep otherwise it's here in two days if I order online.

Their shipping to me has always been consistent, too. It takes 2 days for where I live, but it's still just their "standard" shipping with consistent 2nd day deliveries. I also like that they have about 3? warehouse locations, so if it's not in one location, chances are it's at another. Very few back orders or drop ships, except for some GC porc, and some of the Notitake stuff I use (non porc. items).

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Here is my take

#1 this looks like a cheap attempt to get market evaluation on Zhan from a wonderful target demographic but whatever. If you are affiliated with Zhan just ask a straight question.

Since no one has said anything nasty let me be the first.

Zhan is essentiality Schein which essentially is the biggest middle man in the industry, I think they make Patterson look small. They will not give you the best price on everything, only on things they have big margins on. They will not go the extra mile in customer service as they do not have to. They are huge and the customer service is based on what you do for them rather than the other way round.

I work with small/medium operations where the owner is personally involved in every transaction and KNOWs my account. He knows what I purchase and knows when what I should be reordering. He and his team absolutely go the extra mile for me. when the **** hits the fan and I need a helping hand they are here for ME and not just because it benefits them. They are a partner in my business not a hand looking to get paid. I

It takes a lot to develop loyalty like this, I do not give it to many in this industry.

Nowak Dental for life!

OH yeah years ago I was with Zhan, worst customer service I ever had and made me search out someone I could truly partner with! I would not give them a penny of my money EVER, I hate them with a passion!

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I like Nowak too except every time I've ordered from them, delivery has taken over a week.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Wow John. I believe you're representing your experience accurately. So I have this to say: since my experience has been very good as an insignificant account, if my rep ever goes to anyone else, my business will follow as it seems she must be the uncommonly good link.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Wow John. I believe you're representing your experience accurately. So I have this to say: since my experience has been very good as an insignificant account, if my rep ever goes to anyone else, my business will follow as it seems she must be the uncommonly good link.

Hey Gru, I will agree with you Tracy is a Rock Star. Had dealings with her for years, then Z changed me to. a dud. for about a year. Now have a pretty good one Susie.
Pearson has a lot of different product , I just hate the long shipping .

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
No doubt there are hard working reps for EVERY company, I generally find they can and will do well anywhere. Ever wonder why your favorite reps seem to bounce around from company to company? I have seen several always looking for a better gig for some reason or another.

As a business owner I am also aware that the squeaky wheel does get noticed. I do not squeak, I give a couple of chances to make things up to me as mistakes can happen. The serious measure of a company is how they handle their mistakes. In my case Zhan failed miserably and will not get any other chances from me.

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
Too big, too impersonal.
We just numbers to them.
I am trying to stay away as much as I can.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
They will if the doctor lists a fake lab name. They can set up an account and send directly to CMC. ThefingerCMC!

Drs don't even need to list a fake lab name, just send it. A Lab is allowed to work under a Drs license.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I use Atlanta Dental next day on teeth, and he stops by every other week to figure out all we need.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
I agree with John. Perfect example. Just got off the phone with them because they sent the wrong teeth. Not only did they do that but then tell me that I'm lying by saying that these moulds are on opposite ends of the wharehouse so there could be no way that this happened AND that the computer shows the correct order so there's no chance of a mix-up. WTF??!! They then refuse to give me Saturday delivery even though this is the 1st case for a new account and the pt is scheduled Monday morning. Oh, and its my fault for not calling yesterday when they were delivered because I am a one man operation and make sales calls on Thursdays and got in late from doing that last night. Not the 1st time this type of stuff has happened with them. Maybe its time to find a new supplier.

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
I hate Zahn

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If you want stuff, its fine, if you want to count on a relationship that will help each other, forget it.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
No doubt there are hard working reps for EVERY company, I generally find they can and will do well anywhere. Ever wonder why your favorite reps seem to bounce around from company to company? I have seen several always looking for a better gig for some reason or another.

As a business owner I am also aware that the squeaky wheel does get noticed. I do not squeak, I give a couple of chances to make things up to me as mistakes can happen. The serious measure of a company is how they handle their mistakes. In my case Zhan failed miserably and will not get any other chances from me.
As the supply spears to shrink I give the local suppliers that which I can. Novak , Trinity, OSI, direct to some suppliers, but some things I use Zahn for direct with Lorie.
As Schein grows you have been around as long as I have remember Healthco?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I do not know a bout you folks, but Zhan and "Mike" been very good to me. I have been ordering from them with Mike before Dharby "I forgot the name with Mike too when they were in LIC in New York". Good service, next day delivery, take back items with no fanfare. I know Tracy Lund she is good too with alloy purchases.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
As the supply spears to shrink I give the local suppliers that which I can. Novak , Trinity, OSI, direct to some suppliers, but some things I use Zahn for direct with Lorie.
As Schein grows you have been around as long as I have remember Healthco?

Healthco, yes, I remember that one. When my dad set up his lab in Houston, I remember going to the warehouse they had in Houston and walking up and down the isles with a mini shopping cart getting the consumables we needed (stones, burs, plaster knives etc.). Tom Heusing was our territory rep. excellent people and a hoot to work with. I just saw him mentioned somewhere that he's with Sirona as a sales manager.
I still have 1/2 a box of anterior dowel pins from them.

Healthco_zpseelb7jza.jpg

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Healthco, yes I would pick up from the corporate office in Santa Ana eons ago

G

grantoz

Reaction score
if zahn are the same guys as halas as they are connected to schien in our neck of the woods then they promote southern cross and other chinese outsourcing labs which is not great.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@Doris A When you order form Zahn, do you have to have a product# ready? If I don't talk to my
inside sales rep. they pretty much want me to have a number for them. I was kinda reprimanded that
I should have it, and was told I should write the numbers down she was giving me for the items

I told her I was a small lab, and didn't keep a book, maybe that's my fault and is what I need to do?
I guess unless I talk with Mary L who just knows me , and looks up my history,
I'll get a little grief for not making their life easier?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
@Doris A When you order form Zahn, do you have to have a product# ready? If I don't talk to my
inside sales rep. they pretty much want me to have a number for them. I was kinda reprimanded that
I should have it, and was told I should write the numbers down she was giving me for the items

I told her I was a small lab, and didn't keep a book, maybe that's my fault and is what I need to do?
I guess unless I talk with Mary L who just knows me , and looks up my history,
I'll get a little grief for not making their life easier?
When I used them, if I didn't get my normal contact I gave #'s as otherwise we got stuff that was other that what I wanted. I don't mean a sandblaster came instead of sand, but slightly off while being 'right' in some way. And of course it was my fault for not using numbers.

They want you to use #'s so their call volume goes up when they don't have to look it up.