Zahn and DSG

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Lab techs are so used to getting sh*t on that we are a skeptical bunch, always looking for the next boot to drop.

Still don't trust the hug shack do you?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Pardon the ignorance, CMC is Certified Milling Center?
LCM

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Lab techs are so used to getting sh*t on that we are a skeptical bunch, always looking for the next boot to drop.
its coming! that shoe will be dropping. might not be dsg/zahn but i assure you the other shoe will drop

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Woild you care to comment on a rumor I heard a while back from two different sources up there in Uncle Hank's family?

Schein/Zahn is interested in putting a 'certified' milling center(or buying) in each one of there 51 zones throughout the country to compete directly with labs.

You say that HS has no interest in being in the lab business, but they have started marketing CMC directly to dental offices.

That is happening in Canada as well. Schein has partnered with one of the largest labs in canada to put a lab/milling center in each province.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That is happening in Canada as well. Schein has partnered with one of the largest labs in canada to put a lab/milling center in each province.
who?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Interesting.

th

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think this discussion gets a bit off track thinking that dentists, in the future, will want to or try to do all this themselves. My Dr charged me $175 for a core buildup that takes around 2 minutes. Why would a dentist lower their paygrade? The missing piece of the puzzle is the 'in-house lab tech/asst' .. where are they and who is training them and what is their salary or worth? My best cosmetic/ implant and large case acct has a cerec.. theres a reason he doesnt send it out now, why would he in the future? Because Schein reps tell him that a big milling center exists? Around here, pamphlets get thrown in the bin.

We dont make wooden dentures anymore, so why should we do business the same going forward? Who is going to service and run the machines? Who is going to hold the Drs hand? With the death of one thing comes another..

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Naw,it's all over man.
All they have to do is scan and send.

Good thing I have my pallet projects to pay the bills.Smile

p.s.....anyone need a crate for their albums?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Is this your lab?

amazing-pallet-house-designs-contemporary-architecture-ideas.jpg