Zahn and DSG

D

dentallabguy123

Reaction score
Heard from a few folks that these two are joining forces to start buying dental labs. Buy the labs and then force them to purchase from Zahn. Thoughts?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Straumann is trying to bypass the labs completely, Dentsply/Sirona will eventually have a complete lab solution for the dentists that, I expect, will be the same as Autonation. Since crowns can be a comodity I expect it for corporate dentistry. Solo or small groups will still want to differentiate their practice.
we have many corporate type practices around here and they don't impact me.

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score
Heard from a few folks that these two are joining forces to start buying dental labs. Buy the labs and then force them to purchase from Zahn. Thoughts?

What does this even mean? Joining forces to buy labs? That seems rather confusing.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i dont think this is a thing.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Not much you can do about it if it's true.
Everyone wants a bigger piece of the pie and it's your pie they are after.

No sense getting all crusty about it.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The lines have been drawn in the sand for a few years now.. Mono or mega? I quite like being on the dark side. However I still buy from zahn Hmmmm2

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
actually, i've always said, with regards to DSO's the only way to truly manage them is to go full circle.

Nation wide coverage, owned by the supply company that pushes products, so the missing link would be labs to provide and use said materials/services. but companies have been doing this for year....the real problem? it takes a psycho crackhead to run a lab and a pencil pusher accountant just doesn't get that. (With MAYBE the exception of Sam from CAP/Zahn/w/e)

but if i were to go that route, I wouldn't even keep it in the US and simply just outsource to a lab i buy in Asia.

for the type of business that DSO's bring in that is....

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You cant outsource everything.. I think the younger generation of Drs will be a bit more savvy consumers. Im 36 and I only buy zirconia made in the US, even though I could profit more from cheap chinese zirconia, so maybe Im a small sample.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi all, If this we're going on I would 100% know about it and this is the first i have heard of such a "joining forces to start buying labs". That said DSG has aggressively bought labs without Zahn or HS. To my knowledge, HS nor Zahn have any current interest in going into the lab business and since the cap acquisition I have been involved in several stategic planning meetings.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hi all, If this we're going on I would 100% know about it and this is the first i have heard of such a "joining forces to start buying labs". That said DSG has aggressively bought labs without Zahn or HS. To my knowledge, HS nor Zahn have any current interest in going into the lab business and since the cap acquisition I have been involved in several stategic planning meetings.
Woild you care to comment on a rumor I heard a while back from two different sources up there in Uncle Hank's family?

Schein/Zahn is interested in putting a 'certified' milling center(or buying) in each one of there 51 zones throughout the country to compete directly with labs.

You say that HS has no interest in being in the lab business, but they have started marketing CMC directly to dental offices.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Woild you care to comment on a rumor I heard a while back from two different sources up there in Uncle Hank's family?

Schein/Zahn is interested in putting a 'certified' milling center(or buying) in each one of there 51 zones throughout the country to compete directly with labs.

You say that HS has no interest in being in the lab business, but they have started marketing CMC directly to dental offices.

Absolutely zero intent, to my knowledge of additional milling centers in the US market. This is also the first time i'm hearing this as well. Again, I have been in several Zahn, CMC and CAP strategy meetings and this has never even come up in conversation.
CMC never markets to dentists. Like cap, they have had a few docs sneak trough the crackers by calling in and saying they operate in house labs. Once we figure this out they are referred to a Zahn or cap lab customer in their area.
please keep in mind, I have no reason to compromise myself with all of you. If any of this were real i would simply have reframed from posting.

Rumors are mostly a projection of the individual who started them.

Roya R. Rad

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score

"But they will only be there to service other labs"

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
The current plan is for CMC to provide services to dental labs ONLY.
Please note, CAP milling center will also be branded as CMC.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
so sorry, I'm in a. ad area for wifi and already published the post.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Absolutely zero intent, to my knowledge of additional milling centers in the US market. This is also the first time i'm hearing this as well. Again, I have been in several Zahn, CMC and CAP strategy meetings and this has never even come up in conversation.
CMC never markets to dentists. Like cap, they have had a few docs sneak trough the crackers by calling in and saying they operate in house labs. Once we figure this out they are referred to a Zahn or cap lab customer in their area.
please keep in mind, I have no reason to compromise myself with all of you. If any of this were real i would simply have reframed from posting.

Rumors are mostly a projection of the individual who started them.

Roya R. Rad
Lab techs are so used to getting sh*t on that we are a skeptical bunch, always looking for the next boot to drop.

Top Bottom