wieland mini special

Tad Philip

Tad Philip

Reaction score
Glenn,
No basis I guess, not sure why Roland mills leave mill lines unless the labs aren't correctly calibrating the unit. Plastic unit that moves and vibrates during milling isn't for me. I guess others like it? Wieland Mini(being a 4 axis) is a great mill and very reliable. I guess if we weren't checking the touch plate, cleaning the collet, checking the spindle and not calibrating the unit we might get mill lines too. Sorry Roland is just not for us. Sorry about the "crap" word, I'm sure people really like that unit. Tad

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob,
We had to 6 unit bridge milled from CAP. Both came back with warped open buccal margins open on #6. The first was redone because of the open margin and the color was to be A1, looked like C2 dull and grey. The second was milled from CAP FZ multi 101, the shade was good but still warped and mill lines all over bridge just like the 1st one!!! So, I milled the same case & file in my Wieland Mini(a solid unit, not plastic) no mill lines and the fit was perfect. So, if Roland is so great, whats with all the milling lines? I understand shade & warping issue is probably a sintering issue, but when we are slammed and need a reliable milling center to at least get the A1 shade right before they send it out & need a big case to be milled & sintered correctly I can't recommend CAP. We had to reschedule the case twice and give the patient a discount.. Not happy here!!! TAD
Tad,
Can you please give me more info?
date?
Patient name or case number?
lab name?
I really want to dig in and provide an answer.
Honestly, Roland mills mill with a really nice finish.
please don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not suggesting your not being honest. I just want to track this case down and try and figure out what happened with this case. If this is what happened to you I'm sorry and I would not blame you for not reccomening CAP as a milling center.

A

AdrianB

Reaction score
kim
McFly: I am not trying to hijack this thread so if you are interested in a new, fully open Jensen Preciso 4 axis Puck Mill w/CAM & PC, DEKEMA sintering furnace and training for $32,500, you can email me at [email protected][/QUOTKi
Kim, how can you offer this deal on Dec 4/ 2014, when i was told that the system is $50K. Can you call me at 805-637-3482 tomorrow. Thanks, adrian.

Top Bottom