Why is this happening

• Thread starter prestige.dental
  • Start date
prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Same file of hybrid denture milled in wax and then PMMA on Rolland DWX 50.

The 2-connect female cone fits flush on wax and sticks out 1/4 mm out on PMMA

CAP said do the PMMA on imes 450, little better but still sticking out.

Can somebody please help. Because of this the temporary hybrid denture is not fitting passively . And u can't test try the PMMA hybrid for the future zirconium hybrid.

Pl suggest what should I do that the fitting in PMMA is as good as wax.

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Wrong Pmma , wrong burrs , wrong strategie or step losses if a 250 i can do this a 450 i oh my .... and this is a standard strat on 250 i nothing changed Caml. 5.0 and 3,3 see pic below done just for fun

try to add a small offset in the abutment operation 10-15 my or run twice at that point that helped always by my old VHF bitch.

Attachments

• P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 141
  • P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 138
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Could you just manually fit it?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Are you using zirconia burs to cut pmma? When u was working with a roland dwx-50 my wax and zr fit fine but my pmma I could never ever get to fit. Always had to manually adjust the inside of the crown. Now I'm working on vhf mills and have perfect drop right in milled pmma restorations. I at the time my old boss with a roland didn't want to listen to me and we reused old zr burs on wax n pmma. Now we use sierra razor sharp for all our wax pmma disks, everything is smooth as sulk.

I see this a lot when using zr bur. Diamond coated or not zr tools are only meant to cut zr.

Try getting a set of burs that are meant to cut pmma or wax. CAP should have some. If not then look into sierra tools razor sharp.

Also I have a larger cement space for pmma, my pmma setting on margin gap is .030 and my extra cement gap is .090. Where my zr and wax is .020 and .050. There is multiple factors they can effect the outcome.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
When you are using an implant library the cement spacer is locked I always add a second pass in the strategy for this area.

Some PMMA disks will mill more accurately with less rpm's/feed-rate and like Seven said make sure you are not reusing old burs.

We do not use any coated tools on Plastic.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Do you layer pink onto the gingiva or are people really walking around with a temp denture that looks like that?

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Thanks guys, thanks john and sevan.
We place pink composite on the flanges.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
When you are using an implant library the cement spacer is locked I always add a second pass in the strategy for this area.

Some PMMA disks will mill more accurately with less rpm's/feed-rate and like Seven said make sure you are not reusing old burs.

we are using imes i core carbide burs

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
we are using imes i core carbide burs

But are the burs intended for wax/Plastic just cause it is a carbide doesn't mean diddly. Carbides are used on Zr as well. If you guys only have one type of bur you order for the mill then the chances are you are using the wrong bur.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Last edited:
prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score

Thanks John for your awesome suggestion. CAP looked at your post and added second pass to the PMMA milling and things are good.
I don't how u are so clear and super organized.

Thank you

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thanks John for your awesome suggestion. CAP looked at your post and added second pass to the PMMA milling and things are good.
I don't how u are so clear and super organized.

Thank you

Once you know how the software works, you then know how to work the software. "Knowing is half the Battle" Go JOE! LOL

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Do you layer pink onto the gingiva or are people really walking around with a temp denture that looks like that?
ok, ok, "Denture Guy"

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
That's when you know if the steak is well done or medium well only
:)
LCM