which waxes is suitable for implant ( model casting technique ) ?

T

TNA.Corp

Reaction score
I'm new in implant modelling and got some confuse about choosing best wax for implant wax-up which according to technicians , Milling waxes is most suitable for implant modelling , is it true ? or anyone have a opinion ?? regards

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I'm new in implant modelling and got some confuse about choosing best wax for implant wax-up which according to technicians , Milling waxes is most suitable for implant modelling , is it true ? or anyone have a opinion ?? regards

Do you mean hand waxing and then milling old school, not cad/cam (for parallel walls etc.)? If you plan to mill your wax-ups, yes, milling-wax is best suitable for that task. Any other wax will smear and you won't be able to mill it.

Now, if you are looking for a wax that adheres easily to the metal part of your implant restoration (Ti or gold),there are waxes for that, too. But you won't be able to mill that wax.

Hope that helps and answers your question. If not, you have to be a bit more specific with your question.

doug

doug

Reaction score
If you're talking about waxing to a UCLA type abutment, we always just ese the same wax as we do for regular C&B work

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Depends on what you're waxing.

T

TNA.Corp

Reaction score
Do you mean hand waxing and then milling old school, not cad/cam (for parallel walls etc.)? If you plan to mill your wax-ups, yes, milling-wax is best suitable for that task. Any other wax will smear and you won't be able to mill it.

Now, if you are looking for a wax that adheres easily to the metal part of your implant restoration (Ti or gold),there are waxes for that, too. But you won't be able to mill that wax.

Hope that helps and answers your question. If not, you have to be a bit more specific with your question.

Dear Contraluz , yes I'm looking for waxes that adhere to metal parts , could you please name some of brands ?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Corning's red inlay/only wax worked well for UCLA/Cast-to work.