Redon GTR vs CORiTEC 350i X PRO vs ARUM 5x200/5x500

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Hi

Looking for a metal milling machine and these have caught my eyes. What is a good option?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Versamill, and the one you will want will depend on your production. If you want to do one at a time, high quality and perfect every time, then 5x200, if you want to do them overnight and want to check them in the morning then 500.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
What exactly needs to be checked with 500 and what causes this difference between the two machines? Auto calibration sounds good on 500... I would get the 500 without the changer anyway.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
What exactly needs to be checked with 500 and what causes this difference between the two machines? Auto calibration sounds good on 500... I would get the 500 without the changer anyway.
everything coming from a mill, be it a bar, bridge, bitesplint, everything needs to be checked afterward. you do this irrespective of what mill you use.

the only real functional difference is twofold
1. the size of the C opening
2. the optional changer

given you opt for a machine without changer then functionally, wont be a difference, however why you should get a versamill instead of an imill is because we at Axsys have engineered new probe calibration for both machines because we found the ones coming direct from Arum to be less than entirely reliable; also while there are built in manual calibrations coming from Arum we also have better manual calibration methods.

coupled with better spindle drives and general upgrades to fixturing via 3rd party manufactured fixtures that dont come from arum, versamill 200 and 500 are true workhorses where the originals feel anemic.

the only thing i dont like about the 500 is the pneumatic fixture clamp that grips the fixture to the trunnion. i'd have the 200 which does not use this pneumatic device.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Who is selling Versamill and offering support in Europe?

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Unfortunatley Versamill's are not available in Europe at this time.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
What is the opinion on the AX 726 DW milling machine compared to x200?

Top Bottom