Ivoclar S2 purchase price

E

Ehas23

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm in the market for a zirconia sintering furnace. I have contacted Ivoclar regarding an S2 and was quoted 16k for it. How much wiggle room is there with this price? Is there anything comparable to the S2?, other than the S1, which i cant find on the used market at this time. Thanks in advance

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
That price is nuts. Make sure you talk to your inside sales rep, and see what they can do for you. The best time may be during the Chicago show. If you're not going, I would call a day or two before and see if they can offer you a discount then. Their end-of-year 4th quarter discounts are usually a great time to buy.

Other than that, maybe someone else will recommend a good alternative for you.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a crazy amount, i just purchased a S2 and it was under 12K directly from ivoclar. If you need a ivoclar rep to hook you up, just PM me and i'll give you my rep.

H

Harrypotter

Reaction score
16k? wow , that is crazy .
you can buy a milling machine at 20 K

:confused:

E

Ehas23

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies ! Are there any good alternatives that are a little cheaper? I'm a little reluctant to purchase a used S1. There aren't many available either.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but for a new one, you will be paying somewhere in the $10,000. -13,000. range, if not more which is out of your price range.
A Shenpaz Sintra may be an option. At one time they had some wiring issues, I'm not sure if that's been resolved or not.

Here are some prices on Garland's website:

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Zubler has really nice sintering furnaces as well that are as well made as the Ivoclar ones and were about 2k less in price.