What scanner should I start with? New lab.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm hearing rumors of another big announcement in a couple of months.

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
if you don't mind Gru i am going to paste part of our conversation in that old thread. no, you know what i am going to paste it here and save headaches.

when it comes to knowing the intricacies of the [3shape] system i am a self-taught wizard. i like being that guy. but when it comes to trying to sell the system or support somebody who only cares about pricetags and streamlining the core process and purposely spend less time in the cad because they want to spend more time on the bench to finish their products by hand... that irritates me like you wouldnt believe.

the most common 3shape v exocad talking point is price. that's wrong. thats very wrong. with 3shape your business makes 4000 dollars less per year - that is an insignificant impact. completely. initially yes the cost is daunting but 4000 per year amounts to like 10 dollars per working day. you spend more money on lunch than that. a case of beer costs more than that.

if you find the initial cost of 3shape high, i can't disagree with you. but the comparison of software should never come down to price, if this is a business. the point of a business is to make more than the cost of the tools. if you cant make more than 10 dollars per day for a year, i have no support that can help.

the point of software is function. if the only hurdle you cross is price, then function really must mean nothing. this to me means the technician isnt really thinking about the tech. if that is the case then the technician probably would appreciate something easy to use; simple, refined, smart software.

these are the people that need 3shape but end up buying exocad.

i can't teach these people because they don't talk tech, only pricetags and bottom lines.

so i am glad i am not a salesman when i talk to these people.

CHL, one of the best posts I have seen in a long time, well said!
The initial purchase price is such a small portion of the overall investment, you will invest days, weeks, even months to learn the system properly so here lies the largest expense.
However, I continuously meet colleagues who simply don't value their own time.

Secondly, everyone seems to love the idea of no ongoing fees, but where do you then go for support?
Unless you are restricted to one manufacturer I think one would struggle to find a supplier that would provide FREE life time support for any manufacturer, there is simply no business case for that.
This is why you have subscription fees with 3Shape as it should include both software upgrades and non-biased support from your dealer.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
...and we get awesome software like Implant Studio.

Heidi

Heidi

Reaction score
So does that mean that the service will suffer after being bought by Sirona? ....not a fan of Sirona! Funny how they have a different name when they want to sell to labs. Like we are too stupid to know they want to put us out of business.

Heidi

Heidi

Reaction score
I'm all for wanting the 3shape! Does anyone know where I can get a used one? I totally understand the fees for the ongoing support and updates.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So does that mean that the service will suffer after being bought by Sirona? ....not a fan of Sirona! Funny how they have a different name when they want to sell to labs. Like we are too stupid to know they want to put us out of business.

That turned out to be a rumour started by a couple of troublemakers who shall remain nameless.
Last I heard, they were working in the vulcanite dept at Glidewell.

Top Bottom