What do y’all do if a restoration won’t fit on a zirc puck?

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
Got a bridge that is literally too wide to fit on the puck. For a Roland 52. Is there a third party milling center that has larger pucks?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
How farther outside the clamp? What about using a c-clamp milling machine if it isn't much. If not, I imagine you're going to have to get a larger thickness puck and tilt it in the cam. Worse case scenario, you are going to have to split the bridge....hopefully abutments allow for this.

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
The part won't fit? Or just the boundary is overlapping the fixture? If it's the latter (and you're using hyperDENT) then you can accept the warning and calculate - it won't mill into the fixture because there's a safety distance already built in. Worst case scenario, if a tool won't fit between the fixture and the part, you'll just have to spend some extra time removing/finishing the excess material.

boundary3.png

boundary4.png

boundary2.png

boundary.png

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Got a bridge that is literally too wide to fit on the puck. For a Roland 52. Is there a third party milling center that has larger pucks?
I believe the 52D had a c-clamp adapter. that way you can nest outside the puck for part of it. ;)
or find a lab that handles these all the time (we do them often on both the 51D and the 53DC)

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
The part won't fit? Or just the boundary is overlapping the fixture? If it's the latter (and you're using hyperDENT) then you can accept the warning and calculate - it won't mill into the fixture because there's a safety distance already built in. Worst case scenario, if a tool won't fit between the fixture and the part, you'll just have to spend some extra time removing/finishing the excess material.

View attachment 44655

View attachment 44656

View attachment 44654

View attachment 44653
Have you tried Argen? See if they can mill it for you.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If you send me the file, I can see if it will fit in my c style holder.

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
I'm assuming a pterygoid hybrid? That's why I always design these with a bar. I make sure the pterygoid extensions are fully titanium, allows you to mill a smaller zirconia overstructure. It gives you more stability as well in a structure that usually has pretty wide AP spread between the distal implants.

If that isn't an option I'd look into sending to Argen, I'm sure they can mill it.

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
I believe the 52D had a c-clamp adapter. that way you can nest outside the puck for part of it. ;)
or find a lab that handles these all the time (we do them often on both the 51D and the 53DC)
kinda off-topic, but how do you like the open-edge fixture for the 53 compared to the 51/52 'true' open-sided style? I've found it kind of restrictive in comparison.

D

DaveId

Solutions
Reaction score
kinda off-topic, but how do you like the open-edge fixture for the 53 compared to the 51/52 'true' open-sided style? I've found it kind of restrictive in comparison.
I've found the open-edge fixture on the 53 to be slightly limiting, but it is still better than nothing. I've been able to use it to mill projects that we would have been unable to mill in a different machine due to the size.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
it is not as nice as a C-clamp. took some getting used to, but we haven't run into an arch that doesnt fit (yet).
even if we do, we can always run it in the imes should that scenario arise.

G

glz88

Reaction score
Ugh we had a similar issue, could not get the thing nested had to send it to a milling center

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
It would’ve fit in the C Clamp, but boss didn’t wanta pay for the attachment lol. So it got sent off to argen. Thanks for the advice though everyone

Top Bottom