Wax up of the week

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Aj. My friend who ons an ortho lab called me up last Friday with a similar problem. He had a rush f/f immediates case due by Monday morning. His outsourcing lab said no to him and he was stuck. Guess who was at the bench the whole weekend? Here is the case.
Eugene we should trade Ipad facetime, we could have kept each other company I did it again for a Christmas Immediate/Immediate Wrought wire partial. I realy like your photo's, but with my little Cannon 70 I seem to be limited. retty I do not like stippling either and carve the light difusion/festooning.

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
Eugene we should trade Ipad facetime, we could have kept each other company I did it again for a Christmas Immediate/Immediate Wrought wire partial. I realy like your photo's, but with my little Cannon 70 I seem to be limited. retty I do not like stippling either and carve the light difusion/festooning.
Me too. Festooning can be smoothed and polished but stippling is just a bacterial trap. Thanks about the pics Aj it's kind ofhobby of mine. I use nikon 300 with light strobes.

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
This is not an actual pt case. Show model wax up. So overextension on the lower and upper just for looks View attachment 15307

Thanks for sharing. Fairly new at dentures. How do you get colors in the tissue? Do you blend when packing...or another method...just curious.

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Fairly new at dentures. How do you get colors in the tissue? Do you blend when packing...or another method...just curious.
This is a wax from Candulor. I use three different colors to get this effect. In acrylic I use specific color accents from Kayon and Vitacrylic when packing.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score

I am curious as to why you carve so deep at the CEJ, a thick / bulky food trap?
If you look at your opposing arch in area of #19-21, you should be able to use that as
your guide for you to copy that on the max arch. The tooth/tissue junction should be
fairly tight with all anatomy festooning above that, or below it depending on which arch.
Inflamed, or a severe perio patient would only have tissue as you have waxed.
One thing about a true photo ( non-touched) they dont lie, and show everything...

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
If you look at your opposing arch in area of #19-21, you should be able to use that as
your guide for you to copy that on the max arch. The tooth/tissue junction should be
fairly tight with all anatomy festooning above that, or below it depending on which arch.
One thing about a true photo ( non-touched) they dont lie, and show everything...
I agree. I see what you are saying. Will work on that definitely. Thank you.

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
I like a lot of things about this one, but #6 kind of bugs me. What's the effect it were raised up to match #11?
It's a competition case and I had to follow the rim for the proper bite reg. I tried to give it some naturalization touches but I guess it's a little off. I will keep trying. Thank you very much for your input. I will continue learning.

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score

Absolutely agree. 100%

Sculpting wax for the best looking pictures is one thing.
The best overall outcome for the patient longterm.. is another.

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
It's a competition case and I had to follow the rim for the proper bite reg. I tried to give it some naturalization touches but I guess it's a little off. I will keep trying. Thank you very much for your input. I will continue learning.
Never mind I thought you were talking about a different case. Yes 6 is way down but it was and edge to edge setup so it was an only way to close up that space and it might have worked better intraoraly but I went with this and pt and the doc liked it. Like I said above I am learning and will continue to improve. And I do appreciate any priceless education I guys are providing.

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
This is a wax from Candulor. I use three different colors to get this effect. In acrylic I use specific color accents from Kayon and Vitacrylic when packing.

Thanks for the info.