Wax up of the week

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
Being I finished this case today. Thought I would post the final prosthesis to compare the case to the wax up. Most all cases here are characterized with tissue tint
during the processing stage. It is important to have the case waxed to proper thickness, anatomy, etc. to avoid grinding away the tint. If done correctly, only
the peripheral borders is where minimal flash is removed using the Ivocap injection.

View attachment 4267 View attachment 4266
View attachment 4266 View attachment 4267

I am new to the world of dentures. I like your attention to detail. Any chance you can share some techniques...a little at a time? Keep up the great work.

Thedentureman

Thedentureman

Reaction score
I got this case yesterday and need it finished for when we come back next week. Building veneers on lower from 1st bi to bi. First comes the diagnostic waxup. I prepped for veneers and threw the wax on. Dr. wanted to keep the same plane and arch. So I build a guide table before prepping.
I'll show this to the doc next week, make any adjustments necessary, then build a prep guide and matrix for temps. Then later well build the case.
11089009313_626dea6343_z.jpg

11088882866_5eea41a76a_z.jpg

11088878856_6dd1240641_c.jpg

11088781545_02043a49a8_z.jpg

11088993883_511c5b5df0_c.jpg

11088773625_e0a771f169_z.jpg

11088878834_32275e12c1_z.jpg

11088981473_c3ed3e42da_c.jpg
That's what I'm talking about. Nice work. good s**t

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
Full upper over implant supported lower.

if i could make a suggestion..

find a wax that is closer to the natural color of gums.
everything else looks great but during the try in phase first impressions are very important for the patient. in the mouth and out.

nothing personal but it looks a little scary with the blood red wax.

Ajel and i ... and probably a lot of others lean to the Yates & Bird All Seasons wax for setup and waxup.
good stuff and the color is right.

Thedentureman

Thedentureman

Reaction score
I say use whatever wax you like. That is an awesome wax-up. Could you show the case finished?

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
if i could make a suggestion..

find a wax that is closer to the natural color of gums.
everything else looks great but during the try in phase first impressions are very important for the patient. in the mouth and out.

nothing personal but it looks a little scary with the blood red wax.

Ajel and i ... and probably a lot of others lean to the Yates & Bird All Seasons wax for setup and waxup.
good stuff and the color is right.
I use Yates &bird setup wax with modern material #3 to fastoon. It is actually more pink in real life. I think I just used to much saturation or contrast in the photo to show detail and that is why it looks more red. But thanks for the tip I will try the all season from Yates as well to see how it feels.

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
I say use whatever wax you like. That is an awesome wax-up. Could you show the case finished?
Yes. I will be processing it next week with some base tinting from Kayon and Vitacrylic tones. Thanks so much for your feedback.

appledental

appledental

Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 160
Thedentureman

Thedentureman

Reaction score
nice job, very impressive

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I got this case yesterday and need it finished for when we come back next week. Building veneers on lower from 1st bi to bi. First comes the diagnostic waxup. I prepped for veneers and threw the wax on. Dr. wanted to keep the same plane and arch. So I build a guide table before prepping.
I'll show this to the doc next week, make any adjustments necessary, then build a prep guide and matrix for temps. Then later well build the case.
11089009313_626dea6343_z.jpg

11088882866_5eea41a76a_z.jpg

11088878856_6dd1240641_c.jpg

11088781545_02043a49a8_z.jpg

11088993883_511c5b5df0_c.jpg

11088773625_e0a771f169_z.jpg

11088878834_32275e12c1_z.jpg

11088981473_c3ed3e42da_c.jpg
Why is marcus posting a C&B wax up in a Denture/removable thread? If it were a denture I would say it looks like a nice round silverdollar set-up.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
John Wilson
If you are then you have no clue as to the skill required to set teeth correctly and wax up anatomically for both proper function and esthetics. The techs showing their work in this thread are proud of their craft and they are sharing what they feel is quality work. Many times we request constructive criticism on how to improve, this segment of the industry (denture techs) in my opinion will have more long term viability in this market than ceramists. I don't want to start a pissing contest on which segment is more valuable because knowledge is always valuable. I do think there are far fewer quality denture techs today and many more quality ceramists struggling to find a place in this industry. If you are a ceramist and have no aspirations of becoming a business owner you most likely will be looking for cross training in the future.
With the loss of most of the schools for dental technicians down to 10 for 2014. Some mentoring seems to be in place, although you can always join the army and get some nice training there. I am currently mentoring 4 techs (3 coming from the C&B & Ceramist no work side). I have been using phone, I-Pad & Conversations on DLN or one of the FB sites.
I find that although C&B has great documentation for any problems that arrive, Removable has very little, and it only takes a little thing to have a Denture not process properly and have 10to15+hrs lost rather than the hour or so when you mis-cast a crown, or have to strip for a new shade. i quote one of my C&B friends "Dam these things are complicated!"

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Why is marcus posting a C&B wax up in a Denture/removable thread? If it were a denture I would say it looks like a nice round silverdollar set-up.
I didn't notice the, "removables" category. I only read the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk