Warranty work

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
If you get thrown under the bus by a client and it was his fault, why would they expect you to honor any warranty work when said client isn't sending any more work?? Any thoughts on this folks? Thanks.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
If you did the work and it is a valid warranty claim then in my opinion you should honor your warranty. Your warranty was for the work done, not the personality of the customer.

Take the high road! No need to sink to their level.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
In short, do it, don't give him any ammo.

I see this job as working for the benefit of the Pt, even though indirectly.

I cover all repairs for 90days. Unless there is absolute proof the dog used it as a chew toy, with the pt's blessing...

I'd do it. If you'd do it for anyone else, do it. It's easy to say that sitting over here. Yep, sure is. I have a doc that quit me except to repair stuff I fixed before. Like the one we did a full mesh add and she still broke that 9 months later...

If you didn't say in advance, with documentation, that it is such a bad way to go that you can't warranty anything. Then you are kinda stuck.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
If you get thrown under the bus by a client and it was his fault, why would they expect you to honor any warranty work when said client isn't sending any more work?? Any thoughts on this folks? Thanks.

I would need to know more info to give you my full opinion Wade but what I can tell you is I'm very upfront with all accounts that we don't have a blanket warranty. Every product we make is different and the warranty is handled accordingly.

I can tell you if the relationship had dissolved and it dissolved on bad terms them I would not warranty any work. Not for the fact I wouldn't want to warranty the work for the patient but the fact that if our relationship is no longer in good standing then I don't want to do any work with that person. Warranty work or otherwise.

Again we don't sell the product to the patient the dentist does. If they are good dentist then they will have there own warranties for the products no matter what lab there using.

I wouldn't worry about ammo, from my finding when relationships go sour there is no shortage of ammunition, even if they have to make it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
For the sake of not sounding like a total prick though we are very lenient with our warranty work often to much so. We are always glad to help out where it's needed. And I know some will ask and interpret that we just don't warranty work for anyone we no longer work with and that's just not the case. We've worked with several accounts over the years where the relationship didn't turn into a long term one and we are always glad to help those accounts out just the same. As long as the relationship didn't end on bad terms.

For instance we had a doc call a couple weeks ago that just recently left one practice to join another, the new practice doesn't send to us and request our old account to send to the lab they use to keep all the work going to one place. Fair enough... The doc calls and says a patient they worked with at the other location followed them to the new practice and is having some difficulty with there denture. We were more then happy to help work out those issues and never billed the doc a penny.

On the other hand if the last time I talk to you it ends with you cursing me to the point I just have to hang up. Then you call wanting me to warranty something or help you out someway it's gonna end with me laughing at you and hanging up again.... True story

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Getting called foul names and being treated badly are things that will happen to any lab, any tech, and fall on the shoulders of every lab owner at least once.

How you handle it is what determines who you are. There is a Japanese(?) saying that is something like "Fix the problem, not the blame"

It may not cause you any grief to leave the situation behind you as it is. But what would you council your children. Ignore your honor and word to others, or to ignore the ape like actions of another and do your best to be the best 'you' in any situation.

"You are going to lose all of them eventually, whether it's while doing the right thing or the wrong thing is up to you." - Quote from JTG in PM

I hasten to add, I'd want to leave him hanging too. And I hope when I'm faced with this decision I'll have given the chance to someone to throw this thread in my face before I give in to what I would desperately want to do.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Customer is always right , period. Warranty claims are fixed under the policy written.
How you handle the situation is all in your attitude. Once all three above are taken care of,
then you decide whether to continue business with this client.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Customer is always right , period.

Bullcrap! And I say that with no disrespect towards you directly droberts.

There is no customer responsibility in this world anymore and it aggravates the crap out of me. The customer is not always right, sometimes there just a damn crook trying to get one over on you... I don't know about you all but I was raised to stand up for what's right and I raise my kids to stand up for what's right. To not bow to those that have no morals and are willing to cheat and lie to you just because it's easier to do. The "oh there only hurting themselves in the end" attitude is bull. It's hurting everyone of us.

If the right thing to do is fix the problem then fix it. If the right thing to do is to tell them to piss off then do that. Follow your instincts not your fear or greed.

Atleast that's my opinion and yea I know the customer is always right policy has worked very well for Walmart and McDonalds but I don't shop at Walmart and I don't eat McDonalds....

Sorry in advance for my rant.... It's been one of those days :)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
If you did the work and it is a valid warranty claim then in my opinion you should honor your warranty. Your warranty was for the work done, not the personality of the customer.

Take the high road! No need to sink to their level.
the terms of my warranty can be altered at any time with or without notice given....that IS my high road.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Customer is always right , period. Warranty claims are fixed under the policy written.
How you handle the situation is all in your attitude. Once all three above are taken care of,
then you decide whether to continue business with this client.

I agree.

If a lab has a warranty it should have a line that the lab is only responsible for defects in their workmanship. Its all we really have control over.

My only caveat is I decide who is my customer.

I would have no problem doing what I agreed to do but there is nothing wrong with telling a dentist "you are the weakest link...good by."

A

adl

Reaction score
Always do the 'right' thing. Not the fair thing, or vengeance or equitable or as the wind blows. Word of mouth travels and lasts. John said it best.

Do the right thing.
Isn't the right thing the same with the fair thing ? We treat people fairly not equally because we treat people the way they treat us.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Isn't the right thing the same with the fair thing ? We treat people fairly not equally because we treat people the way they treat us.
Right=Fair? Not hardly. Doing the right thing is being virtuous. We shouldn't strive to treat people the way they treat us. Treat them the way they would want to be treated. There is no room for considering equity or fairness if you simply do the right thing.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Doing the right thing as it only pertains to you is the same as your conscience being that little voice that tells you someone is watching.;)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Sounds like you will be redoing the right thing if you ask me.