VHF S2 vs Imes 350i Loader (Mill ZR only)

S

staten studio

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

would you please advice.

Thanks in advance

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
S2, you might have far less headaches, but everything comes down to upkeep on the mill. You need to be on top of cleaning, routinely! Plus getting the mill from the right dealer will also help when the mill goes down, VHF has a better chance over imes now, depending on where you are located.

S

staten studio

Reaction score
Thank you Sevan, we are located in Staten island NY

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
We gave our VHF back after a month. It never worked correctly, the changer would get stuck halfway and the machine would need to be taken apart to push it back. The milling chamber isn't sealed from the disc chamber so dust mixing with lubricant on the tracks is a constant problem. The bottom of the disc chamber will fill full of debris and all the disc holders need to be removed to clean it. The little arms that hold the discs in the holders have screws made from stainless steel, while the inserts are regular steel. After changing the discs a few times the screws coating came off and seized in the threads. Every one of the holders had to be replaced. Oh if you forget to tighten the arms sufficiently, when the holder rotates, the arm will fall down and jam the rotary assembly, again resulting in a complete tear down of the machine. Not to mention the Dental Cam program is 1 step above useless (to us anyway). I would NOT recommend a VHF over an IMES.

Last edited:
RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Henry Schein pulled all the S2's out of Canada, there is no support for them here. Might be different in the states, but the monster doesn't pull all the machines just because there are a couple isolated problems.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Given the choice between a VHF S2 and an Imes 350 I would choose the Versamill 5XS.
Just sayin'... ;)

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Given the choice between a VHF S2 and an Imes 350 I would choose the Versamill 5XS.
Just sayin'... ;)

Its with loader ??? the same cowboys working with XS in US use another brand here so maybe only a point of view. Or make a 360 as Michael Ballhaus !!

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Its with loader ??? the same cowboys working with XS in US use another brand here so maybe only a point of view. Or make a 360 as Michael Ballhaus !!
Nope. In not a fan due to complexity and associated reliability and service related issues. We are actually in the process of developing a simplified, reliable and more affordable linear "exchanger" which of course, as many other features are exclusive to our Versamill machining centers...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Engineering the future dental technicians.

57fe26d7c461885d548b45d9.jpg

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thank you Sevan, we are located in Staten island NY
What do you plan on milling? Wet it dry? Dry, the s2 has issue with the door of not properly cleaned daily. Same for wet. But vhf has a facility in NY so that aid in your favor if you get one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom