VHF milling strategy

J

Jan M

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I have problem with VHF milling strategy.

I´m trying mill this one, 30° angled anatomical crown on implant (also i tried change angles to 10°, 15° and 20°) but upper shaft was always inadequate milled or chipped. I milled it like abutment strategy (standard quality),fully anatomical strategy...

fznk6nkof
http://postimg.org/image/fznk6nkof/

I have 5-axis VHF CAM 5S1.

Has anyone practice in this case?

Thanks for replyBeer

user name

user name

Reaction score
I cant help you with the strategy, but I am curious.. how is a driver going to fit down that hole?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I cant help you with the strategy, but I am curious.. how is a driver going to fit down that hole?
2014-3-5-3-16-56-642_1_NobleDental.png

There are a number of them on the market now.

user name

user name

Reaction score
View attachment 19698

I realize that, but its just the tool engagements slightly rounded edges that allow it to be tilted. The access still has to to line up with the screw because the tool shaft is straight. maybe Im seeing the pic wrong.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We haven't gotten our 5axis VHF in yet, but you might need to have this one done on Sum3D, I don't think any base Cam software is written to mill technical stuff like this. Contact Mike Web over at Sum3d and see what he can do for you, I know I got a demo for our 4k and it was awesome. But there is no way to alter the strategies for the VHF unless you have the password for that part, and they don't give that out at all.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I went with Wieland and the Dental Softworks CAM. I did not like the bundled cam.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
normal ti glue base ??? un screwball at more than 15-20 deegr. depended on screw !! normal 1.2 torus with 11 mm reach ??? out of reach !!!

DentalMachineMan

DentalMachineMan

Reaction score
I am using the same milling machine as you. Which version of DentalCam is on your Vhf ? I have noticed that every upgrade of CAM/CNC of Vhf is a big improvement in fine working. Could you share the stl so I try to mill it too?

J

Jan M

Reaction score
I received message from VHF "...angled shaft milling strategy is going to be avaible in DentalCAM/CNC software next year..."

I am using the same milling machine as you. Which version of DentalCam is on your Vhf ? I have noticed that every upgrade of CAM/CNC of Vhf is a big improvement in fine working. Could you share the stl so I try to mill it too?

I have the same opinion! Current i have 6.09.30 version, you?

View attachment 19698

THUMBS UP

Last edited by a moderator:
DentalMachineMan

DentalMachineMan

Reaction score
Hi, I am using the 6.09.30 too. I am curious to mill your stl, if you wish. I like the support of Vhf team.

Macron Dental Lab

Macron Dental Lab

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I went with Wieland and the Dental Softworks CAM. I did not like the bundled cam.

yeap i use softworks in my roland i mill that in 2 separate angles top/bottom rdwx50.png

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
just run a simulation no need for a try .ask module works , we have modern times !!!

Top Bottom