Venting. Its been a difficult day

user name

user name

Reaction score
Anythings easy when you know how to do it. Ive been feeling pretty confidant lately. My work has been looking nice (Im told) and I like doing it.

I received a case last week for a 4 unit lower incisor bridge, implant supported, screw retained. Lots of bone loss. The implants weren't placed even below tissue level, so that's a stinker to start. The angles were less than desirable. My screw channels will be inline with the interproximals, so thickness will be needed in a bad spot for strength. Oh,...and on lower incisors, they placed Wide Platform. Ugh. If it were cement retained, I could sculpt the abutments back and get decent esthetics. Screw style, I need that channel.

I designed and milled in wax to check things over. Not too bad. I wanted to mill in Changs Aurora and do minimal if any ceramics. Tried to order a 22mm puck; not available. They've temporarily discontinued it. Mill it in my old stand by strong stuff. No problem. Mill apparently was needing a break and didn't listen to the CAM for a while, so I got a funky half milled, half...kinda milled bridge. Re-nest and cut in the other mill. For some reason, I thought it would be more artistic to do a labial cut back for porcelain by hand. came out of the sinter oven with a coupe cracks.

Do it again.

Almost done with some sculpting for porcelain room, again, slightly shaky and stressed...whoops. Broke it.

Do it again.

In the grand scheme of things, its pretty small beans. Ive got my loved ones and lots to be happy about, but it sure stinks when you think youre Michael Angelo and reality kicks you and you realize only your Mom liked your paintings.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
some days you just can't do it.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
There's nothing to worry about...step back, take a deep breath and drink the prescribed medicine liberally...;) Dr. Zero

beer_.jpg

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
Some times the cases just reject you. Last night I spent 30 minutes trying to get the wax pattern out of a post hole in one piece.
go have a drink!! As you said no one is going to die , but it sucks. We feel your pain

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Anythings easy when you know how to do it. Ive been feeling pretty confidant lately. My work has been looking nice (Im told) and I like doing it.

I received a case last week for a 4 unit lower incisor bridge, implant supported, screw retained. Lots of bone loss. The implants weren't placed even below tissue level, so that's a stinker to start. The angles were less than desirable. My screw channels will be inline with the interproximals, so thickness will be needed in a bad spot for strength. Oh,...and on lower incisors, they placed Wide Platform. Ugh. If it were cement retained, I could sculpt the abutments back and get decent esthetics. Screw style, I need that channel.

I designed and milled in wax to check things over. Not too bad. I wanted to mill in Changs Aurora and do minimal if any ceramics. Tried to order a 22mm puck; not available. They've temporarily discontinued it. Mill it in my old stand by strong stuff. No problem. Mill apparently was needing a break and didn't listen to the CAM for a while, so I got a funky half milled, half...kinda milled bridge. Re-nest and cut in the other mill. For some reason, I thought it would be more artistic to do a labial cut back for porcelain by hand. came out of the sinter oven with a coupe cracks.

Do it again.

Almost done with some sculpting for porcelain room, again, slightly shaky and stressed...whoops. Broke it.

Do it again.

In the grand scheme of things, its pretty small beans. Ive got my loved ones and lots to be happy about, but it sure stinks when you think youre Michael Angelo and reality kicks you and you realize only your Mom liked your paintings.
No ****. I feel like...

Sorry to everyone offended by that.
Sorry to my family, any women on here, and people of general decency.
Canadians, Wisconsins, Vermonters and anyone will hills in their state, Im sorry too, but youll probably at least understand.

Feel ya man. Was in till am redoing one for various reasons last night.
Some days you leave feeling really pleased with yourself, on others you wonder if you need adult supervision.

States with mountains? Now *That* is funny!

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
It's days like this that makes you feel like you could be making more money as an employee rather than an employer. Send that thing to Argen and let them deal with those headaches so you can move forward. :) Hang in there!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I don't feel your pain but I feel your pain.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Fourth time is gonna be the charm ! That's when I like to say, "this is a thankless job". This one will be worthy
of the de jour page:artist.png:.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I think EVERY tech at one time has had this feeling. no matter how hard we try it just seems to not work.

Just be prepared for the case to come back for shade issues just to make it a real nut punch. Just don't memorize the patients name or everytime that name comes in the lab on some RX there will be bad mojo going down.

Any name with Karen, or Samuel in my lab get changed or abbreviated, enough said.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I think every now and again it's good to get put in your place. I know it doesn't seem like it today and it prolly won't tomorrow, but in the long run it's good to be reminded that you're mortal every now and again.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think every now and again it's good to get put in your place. I know it doesn't seem like it today and it prolly won't tomorrow, but in the long run it's good to be reminded that you're mortal every now and again.
Except if you are CHL

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Been there too man, trying to get the hell out of the labcutting one last coping, done, go to cut it out if the disk, snap! Half the coping gone! Re cam and recut, no it chips in the mill, re cam recut colored the wrong color.......FML! **** it I will cut it tomorrow and left. Sometimes you just have to say **** it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Sounds like a typical Monday to me. Mine went downhill after I posted that lovely reline pic in another thread.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm sorry that you are dealing with this frustrating case!
These cases remind me of why I don't lower my prices. This stuff is not as simple as push a button and magically get a crown!
Actually,that's exactly what I do.
I push the " send to manufacturer" button and magically I get the crown from Argen.
If there is something wrong with it I push another button.

I like pushing buttons.
That's how I Burnout

N

NYJHL

Reaction score
529bd0d900c6e501602f6931ef32e39c.jpg

JBSiller

JBSiller

Reaction score
Been feeling this way myself lately. Nothing going quite right. Just remember to breathe and maybe even buy yourself a scream cup. I have a scream cup it helps. Also a punching pillow.

Top Bottom