ASC ti base with 3mm gh color height

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Where can I by them? I have a #7 - 10 implant bridge with 7 and 10 Straumann b/l nc implants that are really labial and both with about 4mm gingiva height. The doctor prefers screw retained but I don't know of a way to do that. Dess asc ti bases are really wide and wouldn't work, would most likely hit the bone. Preat discontinued their dynamic ti bases with various gingival color heights. The only option I can come up with is cement retained.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
What about custom ASC?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Where can I by them? I have a #7 - 10 implant bridge with 7 and 10 Straumann b/l nc implants that are really labial and both with about 4mm gingiva height. The doctor prefers screw retained but I don't know of a way to do that. Dess asc ti bases are really wide and wouldn't work, would most likely hit the bone. Preat discontinued their dynamic ti bases with various gingival color heights. The only option I can come up with is cement retained.
The 'problem' with ASC and 3mm GH is more technical, than anything else. The screw head stays at the same hight, but if you add 3mm before you actually can start to angulate the screwdriver, you end up with almost to no angle. Hope this makes sense.

But yes, Truabutment is also my goto place for angulated custom abutments.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
The 'problem' with ASC and 3mm GH is more technical, than anything else. The screw head stays at the same hight, but if you add 3mm before you actually can start to angulate the screwdriver, you end up with almost to no angle. Hope this makes sense.

But yes, Truabutment is also my goto place for angulated custom abutments.
I understand, The taller the gh height the shallower the angle. Ballpark, what would be a feasible angle with a probably 3.5mm gh height?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I understand, The taller the gh height the shallower the angle. Ballpark, what would be a feasible angle with a probably 3.5mm gh height?
Don't know, but 10º, maybe?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Do the abutments you're talking about come in a UCLA castable version? Even if you were eventually able to get a better access hole placement, you'll still need to bring the ZI bridge in lingually as much as possible, thus making it harder even if the ZI was blocked out in the green state to mask an anodized TI abutment. Cast them, opaque them (cementable) and maybe end up with a better result, and tell the Dr "you're welcome for my saving the day"...even if they wanted screw retained?

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Do the abutments you're talking about come in a UCLA castable version? Even if you were eventually able to get a better access hole placement, you'll still need to bring the ZI bridge in lingually as much as possible, thus making it harder even if the ZI was blocked out in the green state to mask an anodized TI abutment. Cast them, opaque them (cementable) and maybe end up with a better result, and tell the Dr "you're welcome for my saving the day"...even if they wanted screw retained?
I am thinking cement retained at this point. I haven't cast in like seven years.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I am thinking cement retained at this point. I haven't cast in like seven years.
And that can be tricky then, in getting a good casting. 50% of mine are castable, so I have it down. Keep trying to figure it out with an angulated Ti abutment, cementable, which will help with some of the design and esthetic grief.

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im working on a straumann anterior case now (4 unit with lateral abutments),I tried to mill dess abutments for it, but the implants are so lingual and so lingually inclined the bridge had no hope of staying on these tiny abutments. So back to the tried and true non-engaging ucla PFM bridge...Banghead

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Im working on a straumann anterior case now (4 unit with lateral abutments),I tried to mill dess abutments for it, but the implants are so lingual and so lingually inclined the bridge had no hope of staying on these tiny abutments. So back to the tried and true non-engaging ucla PFM bridge...Banghead
🤮

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I will see how it goes when I start designing. Will try to keep the abutments as long and as wide possible with retention grooves maybe.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Oh this one is well documented.. incoming. Id like to @ some of the Drs that have been poking around here and see what they think of this. Its a strange series of events.. pt. wants implant to replace a tooth, dr refers to surgeon, surgeon 'finds the bone', Dr takes simple impression with coping, LAB has to make it look like a tooth, no matter what the 3rd party surgeon has done. Some of these cases end up more like an implant-retained flipper than an implant bridge.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Oh this one is well documented.. incoming. Id like to @ some of the Drs that have been poking around here and see what they think of this. Its a strange series of events.. pt. wants implant to replace a tooth, dr refers to surgeon, surgeon 'finds the bone', Dr takes simple impression with coping, LAB has to make it look like a tooth, no matter what the 3rd party surgeon has done. Some of these cases end up more like an implant-retained flipper than an implant bridge.
I give surgeons my fair share of grief. Had many conversations with them, some I wouldn't let stick a toothpick in a apple. Others were great and the honest ones shared their failures with me....most of the time was when the implant "drifted"...and the implant always drift to the least bone. Therefore, on mandibular posteriors for instance, you get drifting if the implant is placed too close to the lingual plate (bone is thinnest there),on maxillary it's the buccal plate, get too close and that implant will drift right to it and make for exactly what you are speaking about. So, in retrospect, sometimes the placement is spot on, but that lingual or buccal plate collapses because it's so thin and implant drifts there. I think a lot of techs see the final result of osseointegration of implant placement and assume the surgeon put the implant there and to be fair this is a huge misconception. Furthermore, some could argue the surgeons should anticipate this drifting but it's the human body and sometimes the best laid plans don't go that way. Either way, hope this helps.

A

Artin

Reaction score
I give surgeons my fair share of grief. Had many conversations with them, some I wouldn't let stick a toothpick in a apple. Others were great and the honest ones shared their failures with me....most of the time was when the implant "drifted"...and the implant always drift to the least bone. Therefore, on mandibular posteriors for instance, you get drifting if the implant is placed too close to the lingual plate (bone is thinnest there),on maxillary it's the buccal plate, get too close and that implant will drift right to it and make for exactly what you are speaking about. So, in retrospect, sometimes the placement is spot on, but that lingual or buccal plate collapses because it's so thin and implant drifts there. I think a lot of techs see the final result of osseointegration of implant placement and assume the surgeon put the implant there and to be fair this is a huge misconception. Furthermore, some could argue the surgeons should anticipate this drifting but it's the human body and sometimes the best laid plans don't go that way. Either way, hope this helps.
That’s why they should do fully guided surgeries, all the tools are available to have a successful implant placement it shouldn’t be a compilation who can place more implants in one day.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
In my case the only thing that drifted is the surgeons' hand and I think the surgeon sneezed really hard right before he stopped screwing the implant in, twice.