Titanium Base Choices

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Dr. Niznick has great pricing...(Implant Direct)

Did Lauren ever show you how to "punch" a hole in exocad?

Maybe we need a short vid about it?

You do this when scanning the Ti interface directly...

No need for scan markers when doing this way.

With Exocad when you "punch" a hole in a crown, do you get to choose the exact size of the screw head? With 3Shape I only get 5 choices, and they start with 1mm up to 5 or 6mm, but they don't get into like 2.3456 or whatever the actual size needs to be. So I'm usually having to select a 2mm and then ream it out after milling, then again after sintering. Did you create something with Exocad that deals with this while putting a hole in a crown. I mean I like using scan bodies over the ti incert, but occasionally I have to scan one and put a hole in it.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
OK bud when it comes in I will be in touch

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Titanium base from implant direct is 60.00 not 100. They are a gold color which looks nice with the finished product. If you don't care for the gold color then Titan Implants sells them for 40.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Titanium base from implant direct is 60.00 not 100. They are a gold color which looks nice with the finished product. If you don't care for the gold color then Titan Implants sells them for 40.
Just got one on today for a legacy 4.5. Nice gold color. It's a little taller than the inserts I was originally using from glidewell. Looks like it will have more internal support lateral sheer;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
DESS USA offers engaging and non engaging ti bases with final screw and wax up sleeve for $39. We anticipate receiving FDA by April 2014. Available for Nobel, Zimmer, Straumann, Astra, 3i, and also ontop of multiiunit abutments - FREE exocad, 3shape, and dental wings files and completely open -

www.dess-usa.com

D

drock

Reaction score
we have the cerec inlab and would like to mill out some screw retained emax crowns. where would be a good place to pick up some ti base for this? at a good price of course. buying thru them I believe will be over $100!

M

muzbow

Reaction score
Speaking of Ti inserts...does anybody happened to have a base STL ( or whatever 3D format ) of the Hiossen mini and regular platform ? Interface with screw seat would more than enough. ..;)

Thanks !!!
Hi, don't know if you still need info, but Osstem is the SAME as HiOssen. CMC has scan bodies and can custom mill from stl.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Hi, don't know if you still need info, but Osstem is the SAME as HiOssen. CMC has scan bodies and can custom mill from stl.

Not looking for a manufacturer or reseller...just the 3d files...:)

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA We are going around and around with them right now,....stubborn Koreans,.....Our implant guy works for them now(or maybe not) They have scan bodies but they refuse to release the libraries because they want it all !! you will have to scan and send file for them to mill it for you. Here's a tip. It ain't perfect but you can get their castable abutment and cut off the PEEK(plastic thingy) and presto,..you have a Ti base(we get em for free so it might be a cost prob for ya,..don't ask) Next you scan the faked Ti-base and create a primary telescope. Of course you have to spray the darn thing like a caveman(why would you) and then sinter. Next step, spray and scan your custom(kinda) abutment to create the crown and whoopee. Screw retained version is possible by creating a crown and cutting your own screw hole like *** is talking about but the results are,..well let's just call it acceptable but" less than ideal". The main problem? The whole thing messes with my rhythm man aaarrrggghhh!!!:mad:

PS. CMC(aka Henry Schein) does not have the library, they're knocking them off and an army of Korean lawyers are presently making their way across the lake as we speak:cool:

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA We are going around and around with them right now,....stubborn Koreans,.....Our implant guy works for them now(or maybe not) They have scan bodies but they refuse to release the libraries because they want it all !! you will have to scan and send file for them to mill it for you. Here's a tip. It ain't perfect but you can get their castable abutment and cut off the PEEK(plastic thingy) and presto,..you have a Ti base(we get em for free so it might be a cost prob for ya,..don't ask) Next you scan the faked Ti-base and create a primary telescope. Of course you have to spray the darn thing like a caveman(why would you) and then sinter. Next step, spray and scan your custom(kinda) abutment to create the crown and whoopee. Screw retained version is possible by creating a crown and cutting your own screw hole like *** is talking about but the results are,..well let's just call it acceptable but" less than ideal". The main problem? The whole thing messes with my rhythm man aaarrrggghhh!!!:mad:

PS. CMC(aka Henry Schein) does not have the library, they're knocking them off and an army of Korean lawyers are presently making their way across the lake as we speak:cool:

WHOOPS,..The above Post refers to the HiOssen/Ossteem Dilemma...Sorry pushed the button with my pink thing by accident!!;)

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score

Their temp. Ti abutments can be cut to size, block the hole with wax, spray and design a crown on top...next I use Rhino to punch a hole through the crown, align crown axis and center of the hole to zero for the stupid CAM to know where to drill (using a universal construction info XML edited accordingly)...quite cumbersome...slow workflow...:banghead: And we're keep getting more and more of this brand lately...

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Their temp. Ti abutments can be cut to size, block the hole with wax, spray and design a crown on top...next I use Rhino to punch a hole through the crown, align crown axis and center of the hole to zero for the stupid CAM to know where to drill (using a universal construction info XML edited accordingly)...quite cumbersome...slow workflow...:banghead: And we're keep getting more and more of this brand lately...
Zero in Exocad to do this I would chose manually position implant abutment in the dental data base. Then I would spray the abutment without blocking out the hole. Scan and design as normal. Screw hole is designed in Exocad this would save you the step of punching the hole in Rhino.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score

He actually told me it was a temp but I didn't believe him,..my bad. Anywho he's still trying to get them to change their position on this issue. Until then i guess will keep skinning cats because it doesn't look like they're gonna go away. Seems as though their contribution to the digital world is in keeping with the grief they gave us in the analogue world (price devastation).

Samsung is rumored to be introducing an intra-oral scanner soon,...Ach du lieber gott!!!!!

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Zero in Exocad to do this I would chose manually position implant abutment in the dental data base. Then I would spray the abutment without blocking out the hole. Scan and design as normal. Screw hole is designed in Exocad this would save you the step of punching the hole in Rhino.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3shape user here...:eek: But I put Exo on the top of this years purchase list...:D

Top Bottom