Titanium Base Choices

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I'm just wondering what most of you do when it comes to deciding who you get your ti bases from and whether or not you scan them or use scan bodies. It seems as though there are several implant companies that offer ti bases but with no scan bodies. Do the fits comes out as good as with using scan bodies?

I've also noticed that there seems to be a wide price variation with milling centers and implant companies on these ti bases. Do the higher prices really translate to better quality? What has been your experience with these? Thanks.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
We will be selling DDG Ti bases in Feburary.

They are about get FDA approval. Probably a very competitive price!

Scan-markers and CAD library for Mental-Wings, 3shape, and of course exocad.

I prefer to scan the actual interface and not use the markers, but some disagree. ??

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I'll definitely be buying these come February, but until then, where can I get the ti bases from?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Dr. Niznick has great pricing...(Implant Direct)

Did Lauren ever show you how to "punch" a hole in exocad?

Maybe we need a short vid about it?

You do this when scanning the Ti interface directly...

No need for scan markers when doing this way.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Scott, a short video on how to "punch" a hole in Exocad would be great. Or even a brief explanation would do.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We use NT Trading bases, I am approaching 2000 screw retained crowns on this system over the last 30 months with wonderful results. Shuetz Dental and CAP are distributors here in the states both are wonderful to work with and have great inventories.

Initially I went with this system as they were the only DIGITIZED FDA cleared base available in the states other than Glidewells bases. While some of the bases do not emerge from certain Narrow platform fixtures to my liking the vast majority of the cases I restore are wonderful. Implant manufactures have been reluctant to compete in this area for a number of reasons but mark my words all will have bases soon.

I hear that there are several 3rd party companies are on the home stretch of having bases approved with FDA which is great news. Hopefully this competition will force the price down on these components.

Last edited:
Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score

No she did not. I'll give her a call tomorrow

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Sounds like implant direct is asking you to bend over. Most bases with screws are between 45 and 65 dollars depending on who you choose to partner with. I predict sup 40 before the end of the year.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I'll have to give glidewell a call then. Where do you get yours?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Called Glidewell today and asked about their scan bodies. I asked the girl if I used their scanbody and library if I would still have the option to send the file somewhere else to have the abutment milled. She said no. Isn't this an STL file? What prohibits anyone else from milling this if it's an STL? Does using their library conflict with other Cam?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I have Glidewells scan body kit and library. As far as a STL file the only file that I know of that is an STL is the Hybrid Abutments. The Ti Abutments are a DCM file on my system. With the Hybrid STL file you can send that to anyone you would like. On the Ti Abutment DCM files they are locked into their system only and as soon as you close out your design it sends to their milling center.

I will say this I have Glidewell, NT Trading, and Elos scan bodies and library and I love my Elos. But I only use them when I want a Authentic Nobel abutment.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I have Glidewells scan body kit and library. As far as a STL file the only file that I know of that is an STL is the Hybrid Abutments. The Ti Abutments are a DCM file on my system. With the Hybrid STL file you can send that to anyone you would like. On the Ti Abutment DCM files they are locked into their system only and as soon as you close out your design it sends to their milling center.

I will say this I have Glidewell, NT Trading, and Elos scan bodies and library and I love my Elos. But I only use them when I want a Authentic Nobel abutment.

Maybe this "DCM" file was what the GW employee was referring to. I would "assume" (and I always tell myself to never do that") the library would control the type of file output. This way the user would have to send the file to the milling center who has the library...unless another milling center such as you Tyler has the same library. I understand the milling center's perspective on this, but I would like an alternative to GW.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
You should 100% be able to send the STL file wherever you want. I don't think it will be a problem. I have a connection in the implant dept I will call her tomorrow and see what the deal is.

I know there were times years ago when I had machine troubles I sent my STL file to Jason in Chattanooga and he milled it for me no problem. I didn't have any issues sending him the file or getting it milled and he didn't have the GW system.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
We provide the full line of NT-Trading components including scan bodies, analogs, etc. with Ti bases @ $59 (with screw)and pre-mill's @ $53 (w/milling screw). We also have done some worked on their "less than optimum" libraries to provide significantly greater flexibility with more stock available in the transgingival/implant contact area in the base region.
http://www.axsysdental.com/NOC/abutments

Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Speaking of Ti inserts...does anybody happened to have a base STL ( or whatever 3D format ) of the Hiossen mini and regular platform ? Interface with screw seat would more than enough. ..;)

Thanks !!!

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score

A short video would be educational.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Speaking of Ti inserts...does anybody happened to have a base STL ( or whatever 3D format ) of the Hiossen mini and regular platform ? Interface with screw seat would more than enough. ..;)

Thanks !!!
Good luck with that :) I am searching I am getting the dme and scan locators from them but I am sure they are locked down. We shall see soon.

Top Bottom