Tilting bridge in Preciso

user name

user name

Reaction score
I cant figure this out. I have a small bridge that wont quite fit in a 14mm puck the way it automatically shows up, so Im trying to tilt...just a bit. I took notes when it was explained once, but Im not having any luck.

I think I was told to orient the bridge north-south, on the X axis. Then hit the tile that says tilt in blank.
tilt.png

If I orient the bridge north-south and hit rotate by the 3+1 optimization, it rotates about 45 degrees. If I go down and next to minimizing select height, then click tilt, it will fit in the blank. It only has to tilt a very small amount, but then it wont run a successful calculation. What am I doing wrong?:confused:

user name

user name

Reaction score
I know its millable, because as a work-around, I went back into the CAD and changed the insertion direction just a bit, so now when I grab the part in CAM it fits and will allow calculation just fine. I like being able to work around and get it to go, but Id really like to understand how to properly use the Tilt part in Blank feature.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Position your bridge vertically with the puck holder on the right. Next press the 3 + 1 optimization button. This automatically checks the rotation axis at the bottom. Next press tilt. If it will not calculate, I forget where, but there is a function to reduce the tilt from 10 degrees down to 1 degree. Reducing the angulation can put it in a place that it can be successfully calculated and milled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom