Tech question on Dental Wings

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I put a call into tech support at DW, but I thought I would put this question here and see if I could get the answer I needed. I have bridge that I scanned 3 weeks ago that I need to make a few minor changes to and have it remilled. I need to route it back to CAD Application. It is no longer in my Administrative Application. I found the file in my Production Management tab, but I can't route it back from there into CAD Application. Do I need to rescan the entire case or is there a way to get it back into CAD Application that I am not seeing? Thanks!

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
You should be able to get it from the adm fuction, justclick on production tab and scroll till you find it, then route back. Mine are there for weeks? Hope this helps, I will check on mine to, but I have LAVA version, but it is still DW.
Mike

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Brett I think mike is correct but have never really tried myself. I was told at d/ws training this was simple. Would love to hear how it goes. Did you email tommy at d/Ws. He would be the go to guy for this.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Export the order of this job , and then import it under a different name . It should work . Why you can't route it back ? This is strange . I have had all kind of bugs and problems with Dental Wings , but never this one . What version are you running ?

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Export the order of this job , and then import it under a different name . It should work . Why you can't route it back ? This is strange . I have had all kind of bugs and problems with Dental Wings , but never this one . What version are you running ?

I had to do something similar to this recently, it was on a case that I outsourced thought the dental hub to bego. We needed to redo it in house but could not route back or retrieve manufacturing files. I ultimately did as drizzt mentioned and exported. Got it done. Good luck!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Maybe try settings/order management/archives. Mine go back to when I got the scanner/software. I have to right click the main file name to route back, not the restoration file name.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I need to route it back to CAD Application. It is no longer in my Administrative Application. I found the file in my Production Management tab, but I can't route it back from there into CAD Application. Do I need to rescan the entire case or is there a way to get it back into CAD Application that I am not seeing? Thanks!

Brett, in Production: 1. right (or left?) click on the case you need and click "duplicate"
2. the case will move to the top of the screen as a duplicate case...now you can click on it and
route it back to Cad design.

I'm not at the computer right now so I'm not sure about the right or left click...just try both until you see the duplicate message.

Hope this helps.

K

kotharyabbas

Reaction score
Hello Friends,
Has anyone used the Dental Wings Version 3.8 software to design angled screw retained restorations? Can we design it in DW 3.8 ? I have heard that moving the screw axis hole is possible in the DW version 5 is that right??? Anyone who has experience on this topic please guide. thanks