3Shape - Changing bite on already designed case.

S

skoo9382

Reaction score
Sorry for the naivete, but could someone please explain the process how to change a bite on a case that's already been scanned and designed? I'm wanting to keep the CAD design and then modify it to a new bite that was sent. thank you!

EDIT: If I copy the original (Standard Copy),and then Re-scan and upload the new bite, once I get back to the design phase, the software makes me re-draw the margins. All I want to do is change the bite, not the design of the margins or the design period.

Last edited:
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Sorry for the naivete, but could someone please explain the process how to change a bite on a case that's already been scanned and designed? I'm wanting to keep the CAD design and then modify it to a new bite that was sent. thank you!
Do a standard copy of the original order. Then reset it to scanned. Rescan the new occlusion.
Next, go to the original order, right click and go to "Advanced" then "explore order" and copy the Anatomy Elements folder
Then, go to the copied order, right click and go to "Advanced" then "Explore Order" and paste the folder
Then, rename the Anatomy Elements folder in the copied order to "Anatomy for Reuse"
Last, Design the case.

Your old design will pop up when you get to the sculpt step. You will just need to move it into position and connect the margins. Hopefully you are using 3Shape. Not sure how this works in EXOCAD.