Sum3D HALO

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Hi to all, please I really need help creating a HALO around an imported .stl file from EXOCAD into Sum3D. This HALO appears by default, but sometimes no matter what I do, :confused: there is a unit with this issue and I wonder if there is a way to manually create this halo around an element. Attached, please find a picture of the situation. Thank you. George
Sum3D HALO.jpg

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
With SUM3d, you can. I couldn't possibly show you or explain creating, defining, finding your curves and delimination movements and strategies and types of cuts here and now on DLN. So I can say, there is something about your STL that isn't proper. My best suggestion would be to re scan and redesign. Its just a single tooth right. And since I am sure you already did just that. Maybe you can get some remote session time with Luigi or his constituents. I would contact SUM3D and have them connect and show you how to do what it is your asking. Good luck to you sir, and have fun with SUM3D, its a lot of fun!

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Thanks Marcus.. What I'm doing is importing the same unit until this space appears or next day I would try again and usually the problem solves by it self. I also try to slightly modify the case again or copy and paste .stl file to another folder before I do the import again and I just does not work all the time. The above case was solved and it is in the milling unit.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to meet Luigi when he visited L.A. a couple years back. He sat me down 1 on 1 and spent about 6 hours showing the ropes of SUM3D. Unfortunately I don't get to work with SUM3D anymore in my current position, but I do miss the endless possibilities within it. Definitely contact sum3d and try to get someone to show you, they can, and will... And if you speak Italian, it'll make it a bit easier. Their accents are terrible, lol. Yea, so they will remote connect from Italy, so you'll have to get in the lab real early, as it will be night time there... But if they like you, they will work through their night for ya.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Same problem :( do you find solution?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have a blank imported yet?

There is a new Icon for 2012 to re-calculate the import-offset. (This is name of the Raw Curve you are looking for)

Did you try that? or alt+enter then type 822

What about simply importing another blank?

You can also manually create a raw curve, in the drop-down menu from "Curves"

Your screen shot does not show enough info.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Great info Scott!
Where is possible to find all hidden codes list? It work only in 2011 or 2012 same?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know them all myself yet? Some are really not mean't to be public knowledge I think?

Only ask when I have issue.

"822" just kinda clears everything and resets many things.

I do not have full understanding of it myself, but it is safe to use when you have weird things happen.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I would have to go with Scott, looks like your don't have a disk imported, a wider screen shot would help out a lot more. I have never had the outer bounding line never show, usually it is the inner ones on the margins, But a a quick hit of f7 in the shape sends the .pts file and sum3d reads it fine.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Thank you all, I'll post a better picture as soon as I have this issue again.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
822 code dont work :(
i have 2011 version, but when i update it to 2012 it write me some mistake in measurement
here is a picture:
as017.radikal.ru_i433_1210_33_ff62d1065fd2.jpg
as017.radikal.ru_i433_1210_33_ff62d1065fd2.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You have to pay for 2012 updates.

If you did not pay a little bit in 2012 to someone....then you can only get the 2011 updates.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
I see :(
But I found solution (with imes-icore support)
Open job, adjust angles, export it as stl, open exported file, Bingo!

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
So much pain!!!
IMES support seems to ahead of Scott

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
So much pain!!!
IMES support seems to ahead of Scott

This guy is not in my country, and not my customer, but I would help him and have helped him.

Why would you even bother to post such a stupid reply? Go do something constructive, beside chasing me around on the internet.

(You suck at English BTW. LOL) :p