Suction unit down

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
So I have a microstar v3000. Just changed the brushes a week ago and here we are again they need replaced. I'm guessing something is wrong with the motor?

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a single station suction unit for my C&B area?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
So I have a microstar v3000. Just changed the brushes a week ago and here we are again they need replaced. I'm guessing something is wrong with the motor?

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a single station suction unit for my C&B area?

I have had good experience with the Vaniman line...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing the bearings are bad if it's wobbling enough to need brushes again. That or some contaminant (like AlO2) got into the motor housing.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Vaniman has a Red dot or Blue dot version of motor for some, if not all by now of the cabinets, where it has about 4-5 brushes lined up in a circle
around the motor housing, that when 1 is used up, the other one takes its place, so you don't have to continually
replace brushes.

You do have to by a new motor when they run out, but it's supposed to be close price wise, as
if you would've bought all those brushes.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
My twenty five plus old Van. Star vac has been a work horse. I get new motors fromGrainger ( maybe around 80$)
and change it out after about six sets of brushes because the armature looks worn. Brush sets from Grainger also for around ?7$ maybe?
They may have a motor for yours, Juko.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
My twenty five plus old Van. Star vac has been a work horse. I get new motors fromGrainger ( maybe around 80$)
and change it out after about six sets of brushes because the armature looks worn. Brush sets from Grainger also for around ?7$ maybe?
I forget that some things can be repaired rather than thrown out. Seems everything is disposable or made to break these days. I did end up getting a new motor from zubler. Still cheaper than purchasing whole new unit.

S

Survivor

Reaction score
I have a microstar V3000 with bad bearings. What motor did you get from Grainger to replace in your Van.Star vac?