Handler suction unit

Nathan Ardelean

Nathan Ardelean

Reaction score
Can anyone please advise?
I recently bought this unit used and took it apart to clean the dust and all the acrylic collected.
I took out the individual filters and washed everything. Once dry I put it all back together I did a test outside and the stone dust I sectioned up comes out the grate area where the blower is.
Not sure if there's any parts missing or if I put things back together wrong. I dint test it before I took it apart. Can't really find much maintenance information on the interWebs.
🙏 and thank you.

Attachments

• 20221130_135140.jpg
    20221130_135140.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 20221130_135145.jpg
    20221130_135145.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 51
Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Can anyone please advise?
I recently bought this unit used and took it apart to clean the dust and all the acrylic collected.
I took out the individual filters and washed everything. Once dry I put it all back together I did a test outside and the stone dust I sectioned up comes out the grate area where the blower is.
Not sure if there's any parts missing or if I put things back together wrong. I dint test it before I took it apart. Can't really find much maintenance information on the interWebs.
🙏 and thank you.
@Garland Dental Services may be able to help you out. Or call Handler.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Take it back apart and reason it out.. Its jut a box with a fan in it. Air goes in one end comes out the other.
Since you bought it used, there could be something missing to seal off flow, but a good lab man can rig something..

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Change for new filters, easy don’t wash them…
That's what I was thinking. I haven't seen one in years, but from what I remember it was regular A/C style filters.

Nathan Ardelean

Nathan Ardelean

Reaction score
Filters are more expensive than the unit it's self. There were about 14 or so filters hanging.
I'll have to look more into the issue.
Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• 20230123_122249.jpg
    20230123_122249.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 49
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
See if you can find an online manual of the parts, to confirm
Filters are more expensive than the unit it's self. There were about 14 or so filters hanging.
I'll have to look more into the issue.
Thanks everyone.
The bags didn't get washed, did they? Even though this is a bigger model, this is how they should look. In seeing your photo, it jogged my memory from when I had a Handler. edit: it almost looks like your missing 2-3 bags? which help seal the upper and lower chamber from each other They should fit pretty snugly together at the top.

filters.jpg

Last edited:
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
yeah i guess i got the workstation

Nathan Ardelean

Nathan Ardelean

Reaction score
See if you can find an online manual of the parts, to confirm

The bags didn't get washed, did they? Even though this is a bigger model, this is how they should look. In seeing your photo, it jogged my memory from when I had a Handler. edit: it almost looks like your missing 2-3 bags? which help seal the upper and lower chamber from each other They should fit pretty snugly together at the top.

View attachment 42263
I was bearly able to fit the 14 bag in. Pretty sure no bags are missing. I tried looking for an online manual but nothing helpful. Like a parts list so I can verify if anything is missing.
Thanks.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score

"Available as a dust collector with a set of 14 shakeable cotton cloth filter bags – Model 60U-D"

You should have 14 Bags.

Last edited:
Nathan Ardelean

Nathan Ardelean

Reaction score

"Available as a dust collector with a set of 14 shakeable cotton cloth filter bags – Model 60U-D"

You should have 14 Bags.
yeah, there's 14 bags

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Still sounds cheaper than new.
Just think it out. If you have all the bags, there's a reason its not sealed.

And if necessary, improvise.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Dug up this old thread I remembered,lists company that makes filters…. ?

Top Bottom