Straumann screw retained help.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Yes, and the angled abutments are non-engaging already.
You do need enough clearance in order to have the second screw seat not be too close to the occlusal
level.
if you want to do it digitally, you will need the digital files to do all that.
The analog way, you just order the screw seat, and wax around that seat and cast your
super-structure/FDP one piece, and the DDS screw retain that abutment through that screw-seat,
into the Angle multibase abutment;
http://www.straumann.us/content/dam...ructions/en/SRH_Tools_SRH_Quick_Reference.pdf
and Look at Page 5. They have an analog for this also.
LCM

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
i think Kimba summed it up at the very beginning.thats how it all goes together just like biocare etc.
Well, clearly explaining that on the phone to Straumann doesn't always yield stellar results.
Save time talk to tech support and get product numbers, otherwise you're going to spend a frustrating amount of time dealing with customer service.
At least that's been our experience.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Well, clearly explaining that on the phone to Straumann doesn't always yield stellar results.
Save time talk to tech support and get product numbers, otherwise you're going to spend a frustrating amount of time dealing with customer service.
At least that's been our experience.
I agree. Im embarassed I dont know more. Its taken me a while to visualize how these things work.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Don't be embarrassed, we all started somewhere and we are brothers here sharing, ask away I am happy to help.
Ive done all my implant cases either modifying stock abutments or making them hybrids with e.max or Zr for cement retained, and Ive done pretty ok tilting screw channels when needed for screw retained, but in a case where it requires a different angle I was at a loss. What if I need more angle...

Ive seen the adds for the omni type drivers that will engage a screw from an off axis angle, but how the heck does the screw drop in the hole? Doesnt look to me like in their adds that the screw will go down the hole and make it around the change of angle.

Looking at the multi base stuff gave me many questions.

It seemed to me that you cant adjust the emergence profile (?).

I thought multi unit screw retained cases would be non engaging, but the multi bases do engage (?). Is it just the tops that have no engagement? You need to provide a jig to get the bases seated, right? That seems difficult with their low profile. Do you create a temp top and then a jig just for seating the bases?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You wont need a jig to seat the bases. They do engage into the fixture, this is why you need to know which angled multi abutment you need, because it can be seated a few different ways. The straight multi abutment engages the implant also but not the UCLA abutment. The screw-retained UCLA abutment, does NOT engage. its like this ^ .. like a cone..

You cant adjust the emergence of the multi abutment , only 2-3 lengths available. Like I said if you dont have enough room to raise the platform at least 2.5mm , then the abutment will show above tissue, or you might not have enough clearance. Being that these are bone level, they are generally deeper anyways.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Sorry but I was assuming you were doing UCLA or a cast frame. If you are doing zr, then you will need the variobase like john posted, then cement in the zr bridge. Not sure if there is a library for stock straumann parts, so you will have to scan the variobase like a prep maybe?

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
We started offering straight and angled multiunit abutments for Straumann bone level and you could use a ti base and angulated screw channel as well if you need to further fix the angle and the screw access hole and we have the screws for the multiunit ti base that would sit ontop of these.
I can send you pictures and the prices would be a fraction for these vs. Straumann

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
We started offering straight and angled multiunit abutments for Straumann bone level and you could use a ti base and angulated screw channel as well if you need to further fix the angle and the screw access hole and we have the screws for the multiunit ti base that would sit ontop of these.
I can send you pictures and the prices would be a fraction for these vs. Straumann

New Sponsor? Hmmmm2Questionmark

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
Im working with a new Dr. and have a case that will be a screw retained 2 unit splint. Normally I would customize a couple stock abutments, scan and design with screw access holes, but the access is at a bad angle on these. We dont get many Straumann cases around here. Im looking in their catalog at the multi-base abutments, but Im not understanding how these work.

Would someone explain these to me please.
You can send case to Atlantis , they can do CRCO frame for you with angulated screw channel up to 30 degree .

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
The latch system works with many torque wrenches,

As for a lab driver that is easy to fabricate a handle with many different items, although I would believe my nobel prosthetic kit has a driver handle specifically for latch.

Good luck
Hi John- you're right, it works for me. May be old school, but latches are inexpensive, and no Dr's ask to borrow them ( I tell them that they can't be sterilized) properly.
7a6db2aae6febda96468080d88c6c015.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

B

Benjamin Gonzalez Moreno

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a question for anyone who can lend some advice. We are restoring implants for a fixed hybrid denture. We are working with the Straumann system and cannot get our hands on Multibases to correct the angulation of the implants. Does anyone know an alternative to using multibases? We are in Mexico and this item is not on the market here yet.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Can you not ask a friend to order and ship it to you? Or would it be breaking some law in customs?
If that was the case, wonder why did the surgeon chose Straumann in the first place.
You think if they can order Straumann implant, they can order the prosthetic parts.
Also, I am sure there are lots of third party compatible parts to fit the Straumann tissue level implants -
assuming they are the RN/WN type?
LCM

Top Bottom