Straumann screw retained help.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im working with a new Dr. and have a case that will be a screw retained 2 unit splint. Normally I would customize a couple stock abutments, scan and design with screw access holes, but the access is at a bad angle on these. We dont get many Straumann cases around here. Im looking in their catalog at the multi-base abutments, but Im not understanding how these work.

Would someone explain these to me please.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Is it a bone level fixture or a tissue level?

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
They are the same style as nobel multi unit abutment. The multibase abutment screws into the fixture . The appliance then screws into the 2 or more multi base abutments. You cast onto gold cylinders. The Dr takes an abutment level impression , not a fixture level imp.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The path Straumann used to dictate was to restore ALL splints and bridges at the Multi-Base Abutment level. Now they are making Variobase in a non engaging variety which will make your life easier and truly Straumann compliant. I do not believe the library is released and I have not had the NON eng variety in my lab but I hear they are available.

If you go the third party route you could do a NT trading Two connect abutment combo and or use one of the many non FDA cleared bases on the US market that many guys choose to use.

I vote that you call Straumann in the AM and ask for what you read in this PDF

http://www.straumann.us/content/dam...obase.for.bridges.bars.external.use.final.pdf

user name

user name

Reaction score
The path Straumann used to dictate was to restore ALL splints and bridges at the Multi-Base Abutment level. Now they are making Variobase in a non engaging variety which will make your life easier and truly Straumann compliant. I do not believe the library is released and I have not had the NON eng variety in my lab but I hear they are available.

If you go the third party route you could do a NT trading Two connect abutment combo and or use one of the many non FDA cleared bases on the US market that many guys choose to use.

I vote that you call Straumann in the AM and ask for what you read in this PDF

http://www.straumann.us/content/dam...obase.for.bridges.bars.external.use.final.pdf
Thanks John. The implants are very parallel; I just need to do something about the screw channel. Currently they would exit at the buccal cusp. Ive never had the multi-base components in hand. This particular Doctor insists on using Straumann brand components.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I hear that the DESS driver will work with Straumann OEM screw and will allow for a truly strauman complain restoration with screw channel correction.

I have not tried this yet but the gentleman that shared this with me is someone who is trust implicitly.

http://www.dess-usa.com/latch-style-driver-for-angulated-screw-channel-24mm-length-dt24tb06/
That looks like a winner. I think Nobel makes one like that too. In my portfolio of things I dont know/havent seen is the ratchet. I dont think my drivers are the same as what engages in the ratchet the Drs use. Are their tools specific to the bgrand, or is something like what youve shown universal?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The latch system works with many torque wrenches,

As for a lab driver that is easy to fabricate a handle with many different items, although I would believe my nobel prosthetic kit has a driver handle specifically for latch.

Good luck

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe this is what youre talking about. you can use one multi-unit abutment and one engaging .. These are straumann bone level,

implantMR.jpg

smilesatgalleria

smilesatgalleria

Reaction score
You have to ask for screw where you have done this surgery. Only they can help you about straumann screw.

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Thanks John. The implants are very parallel; I just need to do something about the screw channel. Currently they would exit at the buccal cusp. Ive never had the multi-base components in hand. This particular Doctor insists on using Straumann brand components.

If using UCLA's there is a little flexibility to move the screw channel tube a few degrees before fixing into the desired position, and the long straumann screw driver will still engage, which can help sometimes.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
you mentioned only using straumann parts however if you or the doctor change your mind we have an angulated screw that can be used lingually and a non engaging ti base that will some modification of the screw could fit into this and they will fit onto the multibase... anyway we can help just let me know

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
1433238092294.jpg

JoshuaDF

JoshuaDF

Reaction score
p18ibs22631lrvftp1tsf1jqj7uqn8_170x140.jpg DiamoDent has a screw driver kit that we use in our lab. It has the .05, .048, and a nice unigrip driver.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Can you break it down for me..I dont understand how the base gets screwed down and then the actual abutment part gets attached? In your pic, those are two separate pieces?

In my catalog Im seeing 'multi-base', but when I called the company they said they dont use those any more, now they have a SRA...? Not too helpful.:(

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
the picture is of a multiunit aubutment the one on the left is a straight and the other two to the right are various angulated degrees typically 17 or 30 degree.

Typically those will correct the angulation issue and provide a parallel environment to restore.

All 3 of these multiunit abutments get screwed into the implants and the top of each have screw threads so that other components can be screwed into it. Those parts may be-
1. a ti base 2. a titanium temporary abutment 3. an all plastic abutment 4. a ucla gold adapt abutment
The restoration is made on those parts (cemented/luted/bonded for zirconia or casted (for all plastic and ucla or chrome cobalt) and the entire prosthesis is then screwed onto the top of these multiunit abutments?

I can walk you through various options on how to restore this case based on what you have. We have most if not all these parts for this type of restoration.

Last edited:
kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Can you break it down for me..I dont understand how the base gets screwed down and then the actual abutment part gets attached? In your pic, those are two separate pieces?

In my catalog Im seeing 'multi-base', but when I called the company they said they dont use those any more, now they have a SRA...? Not too helpful.:(
Talk to tech support. The customer service people on the phone never seem to understand their own product line and will often engage in useless arguments. Talk to the tech.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i think Kimba summed it up at the very beginning.thats how it all goes together just like biocare etc.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
SRA just means screw-retained-abutment. These are the ones in the last pic I posted. You can restore the one abutment with a normal engaging UCLA abutment, or non-eng if you think draw is a problem.. The other abutment you can use the multi unit platform (hopefully you have enough room because this raises the platform level 2.5-5.5mm, possibly supragingivally) Then you use a multi-unit UCLA with an incredibly tiny screw to attach it to the platform pictured above. Very pricey.. The case in the pic above, I think cost $1300 alone in straumann implant abutments.

PS, you have type A and type B angled abutments.. make sure you have the right one corresponding to the indents in the implant, or your angle with be wrong.. and if you opened it, you bought it.

Top Bottom