Selling a Lab

K

Kevan

Reaction score
The
You came to the right place for valid opinions.
We all have them.
We also have finely tuned BS meters
Those things are hard wired so don't expect to pull our cords and get a straight answer.
You're not the first but you can always be the last.

Not pulling any cords. The tech is a milling system on his own

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I did find your comment funny but it doesn't help me. I wasn't trying to be rude either. Looking for some valid opinions and info. 'dentallabnetwork' sounded like a decent place to start. Guess not.
You might have started your own thread rather than try and resurect one that was a year and a half old? That probably would’ve got you a bit more interest. Guess not.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
all patients hate metal
pfms fracture all the time
tissue gets inflamed and runs away.
black lines matter.
excessive tooth reduction required leading to endo treatment
excessive cost with poor results

th

K

Kevan

Reaction score
You prove my point even more haha. That's all due to bad dentist and or bad tech. The Romans were using metal to restore teeth. Low percentage of patients are allergic. It's called pressed ceramic. Black lines??? If you're seeing shadowing that's all on the tech and or dentist. not the materials. Number one cause of all crown failure is occlusion. If you're porcelain is cracking that means there's either not enough prep reduction or the porcelain was built out of spec. So more than 2mm unsupported.

K

Kevan

Reaction score
You also nailed another key difference between PFM and zirc

K

Kevan

Reaction score
PFM can sheer off saving the prep underneath not damaging the patient. It's like a new car. Crumples so that you don't. That sheering is a way better failure than a full contour zirc breaking everything. That being said its sheering most likely due to occlusion and if not that lack of metal support under the porcelain

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Milling is garbage case closed. And yeah turns out a lot of people don't like zirconia as it's failing. The material is too hard and rough for natural teeth. Not to mention the specs of it. Can't make it as thing as gold. One of the more worse aspects is most people paint and stain. Stain wears off in the mouth. I could go on for days but I'm not interested in that debate. Just want to k ow about selling

giphy (1).gif

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Bic lighters suck!

No one can light a fire proper rubbing two sticks together anymore

Hmmmm2

Last edited: