Reaction score
Hi all
Any one using the Imetric scanner?
Thanks
David

swisstek

swisstek

Reaction score
That is what we use, good quality scanners, scanners for the industry (not just dental) is all what this company makes.They have now 3 models for dental at 3 price levels relevant to the resolution you require. The lowest price point scanner equal to 3 Shape for C&B to the highest for implant bars equal Seinbichler's or better! The lower priced ones can always be upgraded to the top resolution model.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have a Blue Steinbichler w/exocad for $18,000 (Green Lantern)

White-light steinbichler for only $13k. (the Joker)

I have many to choose from.

Building a Star Wars themed One now....

Then, Capt. America...then The Punisher

iMetric never sends any of their scanners for 3rd party testing, and never submited any of their scanners for real testing. Their claims are only made-up non-sense from customers that think it is accurate. ?? Sorry, but this was all I could find a few months ago when I researched them?

Do you have any other data to say otherwise? I can send you a test object to scan if you want to preform a VDI test? (German standard for short-range optical scanners)

the_punisher_skull_by_seekerarmada-d5kx3c4.jpg

swisstek

swisstek

Reaction score
I am not associated with Imetric, but you can get all the info you need from them I am sure. http://www.imetric.com. We do use their scanners for a long time and we are convinced of their quality and accuracy.

gdallc

gdallc

Reaction score
I use an Imetric scanner and am very happy with it. I am pretty sure that the WhiteCap Institute also uses them (WhiteCap is a large implant training facility for dentist).

My only complaint is that they are really slow as far as available updates for exocad. It takes a long time to make sure their scanning software is completely compatible with exocad.

I am not sure why but Imetric is somehow different from other scanners there are only a few brands of implant scan bodies that work with Imetric from what I have been told. However someone else with Imetric told me you could use others it is just that these scan bodies are the only ones that maintain the high accuracy standards of the scanner. I was told by exocad that Imetric is unique and only certain scan bodies work with it. I have not done implant scanning or design at this point but I am moving in that direction for what it is worth.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I do have some respect for 3shape finally ditching the old laser technology and going structured-light.

That's about it I guess...? LOL

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Well, I do have some respect for 3shape finally ditching the old laser technology and going structured-light.

That's about it I guess...? LOL

But for a lot of bucks my center sold none maybe if customers are under LSD or another dope

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I am not associated with Imetric, but you can get all the info you need from them I am sure. http://www.imetric.com. We do use their scanners for a long time and we are convinced of their quality and accuracy.

They say around 20um accuracy for imetric. The actual physical scan markers (not actually an imetric product) is what they claim are less then 5um. NOT the scanner itself. So 20+5=25um+/- accuracy for scanning implant markers.

Again, nobody ever proved this...just customers who "feel" it is that accurate....??o_O

Give me enough money and I'll make that statement also! LOL

My steinbichlers are less than 5um for the White, and less than 7um for the Blue.

I tested, and 3rd party can test at any time. Scanners were sent out for actual testing.

Blue uses larger field of view and digitally produced lines from a projector.

White uses analog image of lines as pure light source passes thru optiks with actual little wires. No pixels, but smaller field.

swisstek

swisstek

Reaction score
Imetric D104i:
Heterodyne phase shift-based combined with photogrammetry structured white light:

Data quality: < 5 μm (depending on surface of object)
Noise: < 10 μm (depending on surface of object)
Repeatability, accuracy: < 20 μm over complete arch for surfaces, < 5 μm at 1 s for implant positions scanned with Imetric certified scan adapters according to Imetric testing standard

Last edited:
swisstek

swisstek

Reaction score
We also like the Steinbichlers, they may have slightly less data voids, that does not mean they are more accurate. If you have very quiet design rooms the steinbichler fan noise may be a annoyance, other then that we do like them!

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Imetric D104i:
Heterodyne phase shift-based combined with photogrammetry structured white light:

Data quality: < 5 μm (depending on surface of object)
Noise: < 10 μm (depending on surface of object)
Repeatability, accuracy: < 20 μm over complete arch for surfaces, < 5 μm at 1 s for implant positions scanned with Imetric certified scan adapters according to Imetric testing standard

half year ago they wrote on their page that the results are as good as cmm the best i know is under a half micron they build real good scanners but i am not sure if the photogrammetrie ring with his repeatability positioning and his production differences is counterproductive and in due time the theoretical accuracy growth back on.