Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Outsource scan and design

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Hi All,

As some of you know it Panthera Dental we are getting into custom abutment very soon. One of the last point we need to determine is the infamous scan body (hate them but well)
So I know there a lots of brand out there. I would like to know which one you work it at the moment, and let's say that if I could be compatible with diffrent set which one you would prefer ?

I know some are "open" (that as a manufacturer I can buy the library) and some other are "closed" and you can only use them with a specifid manufacturer but still I want to learn more about them.

So which one? And which system you use for custom abutment (3shape, Dental Wings, Exocad, other?) And what kind of service your prefer ; Doing scan&design, scanning only outsource design, outsource scan and design?

Thank you very much for all of your time guys.
----------------

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I use gt-medical scan bodies and library with Dental Wings Cad . No complaints so far regarding the scan bodies , the library needs improvment . I have read good reviews for DDG scan bodies .

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
medentika/3shape

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I prefer to scan and design in house. I want the control of the design, that way if something happens I have no one to blame but myself. We use NT Trading, and Glidewells scan bodies. We mill all of our zirconia abutments in house but we send a design file for our titanium abutments to be milled.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
is there a specific rule to scan bodies? Or does it just have to correlate to the library the software uses?

We have an abutment library with maybe 50 systems but this was developed before I joined and before I started tearing the C&B portion of the software apart. I know we have scanning jigs but they all look different -

some have 6 sides, squares, 5 sides...some are completely round with a notch,

how exactly does this work?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Titanium scan bodys from DDG Z-tech, in Madrid Spain.

Pretty accurate, and good surface finish.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Scott

Do you have to spray the scan bodies from DDG?

Current we use the Glidewell library and 3shape.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Elos bodies with medentika and other interfaces.

J

Jorge

Reaction score
Are PEEK scan bodies good because you do not need spray?

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
NT Trading, scan and mill are own Zr frameworks(bridges and Straumann tissue level implants for screw retained zr) also use Glidewells for single hybrid abutments, and screw retained FCZ. We also have the Nobel, and Etkon scanners for custom abutments, and bars with the Nobel. I like to have total control of designing my retorations. I'm not a huge fan of Atlantis and letting someone else design something I'm more than capable of doing. I like my scan bodies to be plastic opaque material, the scan bodies that came with the 3Shape from 3i are metal and the scanner can't pick them up unless they are coated.