Can anyone help identify this scan body?

dleepxdental

dleepxdental

Reaction score
Dr kept telling me they used a TruAbutment Straumann BL RC scan body and that they don't use any other brand of scan bodies. Based off their scan, I kept telling them there's no way that it is. I kept digging and they finally told me that the assistant DID use a different scan body. They don't know the brand. The laser etching reads as SB018 BL/RC. I've googled and called Imagine USA, Creodent, Core3D centres, TruAbutment, and Straumann. I've got nothing. I've attached the STL. I appreciate it.

Attachments

• upper_jaw_with_ditch(flipped)_#122855418.stl
    10.3 MB · Views: 100
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
not a TRU scan body

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
First let me say dleepxdental this is not having a go at you as I have all to often done similar things to try to help, but **** me how does it become our problem when some stupid **** uses a scan body that they don’t know the brand of. How about the ****ing idiot assistant who used or bought the wrong ****ing one waste her time and energy finding Out what they used. Surely they have their own online forums. They would surely have a thread called “simple **** I have cocked up with my total lack of professionalism, lucky I have big tits so I can keep my job”
Sorry, rant over , bad end of week caused by assistants/ managers.
Hope someone can help the brother out

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You did your due diligence in trying to find out, now it's their turn to get the patient back in and use the correct scan body.

doug

doug

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what they've told you, it isn't going to work with your work flow. They simply need to put in the correct scan body and re-scan. Why is that so difficult to understand.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
they need to rescan
well, if we knew the scanbody, an stl could potentially be the "end result".
from an stl, there are a few places.. Haus and Imagine i do believe that could produce an abutment and put an end the this ridiculous wast of time.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Tell the doc that that scan body is from CNC milling and there are out of business. They lie, you lie, we all lie about this stuff all the time.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
First let me say dleepxdental this is not having a go at you as I have all to often done similar things to try to help, but **** me how does it become our problem when some stupid **** uses a scan body that they don’t know the brand of. How about the ****ing idiot assistant who used or bought the wrong ****ing one waste her time and energy finding Out what they used. Surely they have their own online forums. They would surely have a thread called “simple **** I have cocked up with my total lack of professionalism, lucky I have big tits so I can keep my job”
Sorry, rant over , bad end of week caused by assistants/ managers.
Hope someone can help the brother out
Nailed it.
As far as I know it is required by law for the "surgeon" to document this information..... For the very reason that there is an origination trail for information and liability.

And when you get the same excuse "we don't know", the lab should charge a healthy diagnostic fee. This is something we should all be doing when somebody else wants to put their work on us.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
lab policy

we do not start any implant cases without the surgeon's report and scan body info (digital)

The case gets entered into system, so we are aware it's in lab and then gets placed in a nice purple work pan on the HOLD shelf until office decides to provide us with what is required.

office is called and sent an email as to exactly why case is on hold.

only have a few repeat offenders.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
lab policy

we do not start any implant cases without the surgeon's report and scan body info (digital)

The case gets entered into system, so we are aware it's in lab and then gets placed in a nice purple work pan on the HOLD shelf until office decides to provide us with what is required.

office is called and sent an email as to exactly why case is on hold.

only have a few repeat offenders.
This is what we do as well.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yes! Getting the note from the surgeon will keep you from ending up with a drawer full of hundreds of dollars of unusable, unreturnable parts. If the platform is switched and they write the diameter of the implant, not the diamter of the abutment to be used, it can cause a lot of confusion that isnt your problem, until you make it your problem.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
How about Zimmers's newer 5.4 TSX which is really a 4.5 platform? That was a bit confusing when I got that one in.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yes and were expected to understand every platform out there, my exo library has hundreds of companies, with dozens of abutments for each mfg.
It is easy to post here and ask, so the Dr doesnt know that you also dont know, but that doesnt help the dialogue with the Dr.

Top Bottom