New 3I healing abutments?

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
One of our Drs just came over all fired up over the new 3I healing abutments. From what we can gather, the healing abutment/scan body will be the only way to restore implants. From what she found out, they are eliminating the impression transfer copings. They forcing dr's to send a scan of their Encode healing cap to only them. Because of the healing design, any older style impression copings won't work. Has anyone else heard or seen this? She's pisssed since she doesn't scan and doesn't want to be stuck sending to 3I.

DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score
One of our Drs just came over all fired up over the new 3I healing abutments. From what we can gather, the healing abutment/scan body will be the only way to restore implants. From what she found out, they are eliminating the impression transfer copings. They forcing dr's to send a scan of their Encode healing cap to only them. Because of the healing design, any older style impression copings won't work. Has anyone else heard or seen this? She's pisssed since she doesn't scan and doesn't want to be stuck sending to 3I.
And they wonder why people opt for third party components

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
then it will be helpful to have a CADCAM partner who builds their own library.

perhaps truabutment... or dess... equipped with such a library you could scan a 3i and use 3rd party components and bypass 3i.

just sayin

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I just ordered scan bodies from them so I don’t have to use encode.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I suppose if you do a lot of Biomet/Zimmer you can be a "partner lab" We have encode scans sent to a local lab and then do Truabutment for the rest of it.

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
My last lab I was at did the whole “encode empowered lab” thing from them so they could accept scans of the healing abutment. I thought it was really strange there was even the title of “encode empowered labs” it’s not like there was any training, they literally just send you a pdf that you use to match up the grooves and the dots on the healing abutment to the correct platform.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
We have had encode scans sent to us and then we sent them off to 3I. I don't want to forced into sending only to them. We have a few drs that use Certain implants almost exclusively. They use the regular impression technic. One likes to do a temp to shape tissue in the anteriors. These encode healing abutments are not right for every patient. She's going to get the rep in and we'll get all the info. She might just tell her friend that's doing the implants to switch to a different company so she's not locked into sending to 3I.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Thankfully, I don't see many 3I cases in my lab. It's easily the most expensive and worst way to restore an implant. We mark up accordingly to make sure we get compensated for handling these cases.