New exocad version 5675

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
Exoportal is the portal for distributor where we can add modules or do update for your dongle.
I m sorry but I disturb only official exocad software also i really don t know how branded version work for commercial activity.

kev

kev

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have two pcs on network. I will use one for scanning and the other for designing.
I just don't know how to point the cad folder in the default settings in DB so both pcs can share same cad-data folder.
Can someone please show me what your default settings look like so I can try to figure out what the command line should be for the cad-data storage path in the default settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have two pcs on network. I will use one for scanning and the other for designing.
I just don't know how to point the cad folder in the default settings in DB so both pcs can share same cad-data folder.
Can someone please show me what your default settings look like so I can try to figure out what the command line should be for the cad-data storage path in the default settings

Do you have a server network?

kev

kev

Reaction score
I'm not sure what u mean by server network. I have two pcs connected on same network via Ethernet cable

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'm not sure what u mean by server network. I have two pcs connected on same network via Ethernet cable

Directory setting.png

Click settings on the DentalDB start page. Click select directory, then you can list the drive you want to point all the data to. Make sure both stations have the same directory setting.
If one computer will have the main storage drive, make that drive shareable with other machine on your network.

kev

kev

Reaction score
Thanks so much!! I'll try it :)

kev

kev

Reaction score
I did this and I can get access to the files from the scan PC but it does not automatically load the dental project into the design pc. Is there something I'm missing?

kev

kev

Reaction score
It seems like the dentalDB v3 SQLite file is not getting updated or something else

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
So you have two separate data bases? One in each machine?

kev

kev

Reaction score
I do have two separate databases but I created one cad-data on the network and changed the directory as u showed me on both pcs

kev

kev

Reaction score
It appears that on my second design station it looks for the project directly from original cad data location and not from the shared location

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You will need only one database. So pick the machine that you want the database on, then make sure the other machine can see and share via the network.

kev

kev

Reaction score
As simple as it sounds, I can't remove a database. When I delete the database and then open DB, it initiates a first start for using the software and creates another database. And it keeps doing this..

kev

kev

Reaction score
I guess it will help if I had my network setup properly and just noticed it's not.
I really appreciate u trying.
Thanks

kev

kev

Reaction score
My head is spinning right now, I'm confused about whole network thing but I have DB on both pcs

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
feel free to give me a call for the fix. 916-296-9900 we can post later for others to see.

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
It looks like it may be a networking issue. I noticed you have a homegroup setup, looks like you need to switch to a workgroup since you are between windows 10 and 7. Check this one out HERE. I think once this is corrected you'll be on point. It was nice talking to you.

Last edited:
kev

kev

Reaction score
It's working now!!
After setting up a shared cad-folder, I did what 2thm8kr showed in his pic and also by making a change to the default settings in dentalDB, to point to the new cad-data folder in the shared network .
Special thanks to Dan and 2thm8kr!!

Top Bottom