Exocad screw channel diameter

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Is there any way to control the diameter of a screw channel when using an implant library instead of scanning the Ti base? The screw channels have a larger diameter than needed.
When I scan a Ti base Exocad gives me an option to set the diameter of the screw channel, not so when I use a scan body and an implant library.
Thank you in advance.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Is there any way to control the diameter of a screw channel when using an implant library instead of scanning the Ti base? The screw channels have a larger diameter than needed.
When I scan a Ti base Exocad gives me an option to set the diameter of the screw channel, not so when I use a scan body and an implant library.
Thank you in advance.
You need to contact whoever designed the implant library

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Sounds like DESS to me :D. But if not, it does not matter. I have contacted many implant companies who have strange libraries (extra tube above screw channel, too large screw holes etc.) but they never change anything.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Sounds like DESS to me :D. But if not, it does not matter. I have contacted many implant companies who have strange libraries (extra tube above screw channel, too large screw holes etc.) but they never change anything.
It is dess. Are they able to change and just don't want to?
Also is it possible to have several libraries downloaded? I would like to have truabutment and preat libraries to be able to choose from including dess.

DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score
Yes, you can modify it in ExoImplantEditor, just makes copies and backup your source files before tinkering

Attachments

• ImplantEditor.png
    ImplantEditor.png
    522.5 KB · Views: 25
DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score
I am too scared to do it my self. Will contact dess, hopefully someone there can help.
Honestly probably for the best, but I wouldn't hold your breath on them, unfortunately there's very little literature or tutorials on how to navigate the software

T

thetacoman1423

Reaction score
Thank you in advance.
Exact same problem with the Zimmer TSV library. Solution was to edit the connection geometry in meshmixer by adding to the mesh the correct sized hole. Exocad uses the screw hole in the connection geometry to determine the screw channel size.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Exact same problem with the Zimmer TSV library. Solution was to edit the connection geometry in meshmixer by adding to the mesh the correct sized hole. Exocad uses the screw hole in the connection geometry to determine the screw channel size.
Is this done case by case or set it and forget it kind of thing?

Top Bottom