(more) rants about 3i Encode/Bellatek

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
layering makes zirconia great again.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
So I just got back my Robocast model from Biomet for an Encode. Charges are as follows:

Analog Placement $45
Analog $31
Remount $25
FedEx $12
Tax $2

Total $115 for a model that could have been done with a $15 analog and mounted on a hinge articulator! :banghead:

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So I just got back my Robocast model from Biomet for an Encode. Charges are as follows:

Analog Placement $45
Analog $31
Remount $25
FedEx $12
Tax $2

Total $115 for a model that could have been done with a $15 analog and mounted on a hinge articulator! :banghead:
Lol, your still doing encode? Ouch, try passing that on to your doctor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Some DDS might consider that a small price to pay for not having to connect
an impression post, take Xray, and try to do a pick up impression without getting
it locked in . . . then again, some might now.
LCM

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Some DDS might consider that a small price to pay for not having to connect
an impression post, take Xray, and try to do a pick up impression without getting
it locked in . . . then again, some might now.
LCM

Well when I finish adjusting the bill it might not be so "small". Laugh

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Totally legit - it takes time to talk to the vender and all that.
LCM

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Totally legit - it takes time to talk to the vender and all that.
LCM
Wish all of them admitted understanding that. I've been fussed at for charging more than list price + shipping and had to explain, to little avail, that they pay their staff to work the phone too.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
When it comes to those implant companies, we just past on the cost. Only thing you can do.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
image.php

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
at least zimmerbiomet doesnt try each year to somehow cut out the lab in some way shape or form. I get the frustration of encode if you don't buy encode empowered, but my experience is that they do strike really good partnerships with the labs that are - whereas I dont see that sort of love from nobel straumann in any capacity

doug

doug

Reaction score
We've had numerous problems with the robocast analog placement not being correct. I have managed to get the few Biomet cases we do done with a transfer pin impression from the docs. I'm going to own the case anyway, so I might as well get what I really want to fabricate it.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Wish all of them admitted understanding that. I've been fussed at for charging more than list price + shipping and had to explain, to little avail, that they pay their staff to work the phone too.
I tell them I'm not a f**+%#g bank. Borrow from someone else.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I don't really understand their analog placement process. I sent the unmounted model for them to place the analog only. I did not send a bite since all I wanted was the Robocast model with analog.

From what I can tell, they drill out the hole and glue in the analog and then mount the model on an adesso plate for which they charge an additional $25. I didn't ask for this but I guess you have no choice in the matter. It's pointless as far as I can tell since the analog is drilled and seated beneath the model.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
usually they don't do anything and ask you to send everything? in the hundreds of robocasts i've done i can honestly say only a handful have ever been wrong.

You guys know i am more than harsh with almost all brands - and there are some true issues with zimmerbioment, but robocast has been a reliable goto and while it may not be fiscally responsible for some labs, encode empowered has done wonders for me.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I hear only a select few actually become " empowered".

tenor.gif

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I don't really understand their analog placement process. I sent the unmounted model for them to place the analog only. I did not send a bite since all I wanted was the Robocast model with analog.

From what I can tell, they drill out the hole and glue in the analog and then mount the model on an adesso plate for which they charge an additional $25. I didn't ask for this but I guess you have no choice in the matter. It's pointless as far as I can tell since the analog is drilled and seated beneath the model.
The robocast process machines need the Adesso Splitex plate to hold the model is what I was told. They scan the model for the code of stamps to indicate rotation, healing cap height, etc, and then it drills a bit deeper than the analog is at proper position(which is why the minimum model height),then squirt in a generous helping of super glue.

They will do robocast only, but it needs to be mounted, and they supply the parts at their price. So best you can get is robocast(45)+analog(31)+tax(2)+shipping(18) still = 96 . For a dentist that is uncomfortable with or resistant to learning the optimal process and scared of goofing things up and losing chair time and/or face with their patient, $100-130ish may not be that bad of a bill to save 45 minutes or more and maybe a reappoint to retake the impression.

No, I don't like the bill, the wait, or the extra layer of oppsification possibilities either, but... I don't write 'em. I just fill 'em.
They did make implants much easier for the GPs, and that is where the money is. Making things easier.

I have called offices before and asked if they knew they could save $100 on the case, they usually are very appreciative of the offer. I've also 'pre-authorized' to verify on first timers and heard the sticker shock because of how much more it costs than normal and they just didn't realize it was a different scenario after it left their office.

Last edited:
doug

doug

Reaction score
I've watched the process and JMN is spot-on. The plate is indexed to the drill plate so that everything lines up nicely. I think that since my docs are already using a successful workflow taking implant level transfers, it's easy to continue. It eliminates one possibility for error. I'm sure that the robocast is accurate, but I've been the victim of encode healing caps that were loose, and an inaccurate impression led to a disastrous result. Just because it's in there doesn't necessarily mean that encode cap is tight. They have to check that every time before impressing.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I've watched the process and JMN is spot-on. The plate is indexed to the drill plate so that everything lines up nicely. I think that since my docs are already using a successful workflow taking implant level transfers, it's easy to continue. It eliminates one possibility for error. I'm sure that the robocast is accurate, but I've been the victim of encode healing caps that were loose, and an inaccurate impression led to a disastrous result. Just because it's in there doesn't necessarily mean that encode cap is tight. They have to check that every time before impressing.
The only goof up I ever had that was mostly their fault was when they mixed up our case, all of it, with another labs case. We got back someone else's models and abutment. Same tooth, didn't catch it, couldn't really have noticed unless we had another model. We made a PFM on it and delivered. DDS was understandably grumpy when it was very intransigent to seat.

Always wrote lab name and ph number on the bottom of the plastic after that.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score

There is no need for them to mount it. I never actually mount it on the articulator. I just arbitrarily put it on a stratos mounting plate. Do that and save yourself $25.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
There is no need for them to mount it. I never actually mount it on the articulator. I just arbitrarily put it on a stratos mounting plate. Do that and save yourself $25.
mount vs articulate
And you hit it exactly. Just slap it in some plaster, centered on the disc.