Restorations Du Jour

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
On the anterior 6 emax note the subtle high value area in the middle.
I put a band of OE3 across the middle of most all my anterior emax to help keep the value up that area is especially a dead grey zone otherwise, at least for me it is. It also helps to hide the tip of the prep or where the crown comes off the tooth and you go from tooth backed to nothing.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Charles 2 coats of opaque.
2nd coat I dust with shoulder porc an for the anterior only upper six I do a thin coat of OD and dust with clear then fire and the frame disappears.
At the cervical I use Cervical Trans yellow over the dentin instead of incisal. Warms it up.

Al:
The OD is Opaque Dentine, right?
it's a powder, you dust clear over powder??

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Charles 2 coats of opaque.
2nd coat I dust with shoulder porc an for the anterior only upper six I do a thin coat of OD and dust with clear then fire and the frame disappears.
At the cervical I use Cervical Trans yellow over the dentin instead of incisal. Warms it up.

Al:
The OD is Opaque Dentine, right?
it's a powder, you dust clear over powder??

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Beautiful cases Al.
I hope you had a chance to enjoy Easter dinner with your family.

That's a lot of work involved .

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I'll be the need that says breathtaking! haha :)
I still can't get that finish you do Al. what's the name of the rubber wheel your using pre glaze? And can you post pics of the teeth right before going up to glaze?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Al, I assumed you used magic shoulderdust for the newer techs that don't have the experience of using old school shoulder powders.. lol
Haven't used shoulder powders in over 2 years.. Pre emax, 50 to 70% of my crowns had porcelain butt margins/ the good old days, no more... haha

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Sexy case Al (damn PFM's...lol) I'm curious did you open the VDO on this? How did you do your Porcelain shoulder margins....tin foil or just build to the die?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I spend too much time on DLN to be able to do that :)

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Sexy case Al (damn PFM's...lol) I'm curious did you open the VDO on this? How did you do your Porcelain shoulder margins....tin foil or just build to the die?
Just build on the die.
Both those cases are for resident pros student one at the U of Lousiville one U of Texas, they are teaching old school materials at the universities directors wont hear of emax on the posterior.
The upper with all the metal occ is the upper for a fmc. As far as vertical they sent the cases mounted with pre op an wax ups cross mounted.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I'll be the need that says breathtaking! haha :)
I still can't get that finish you do Al. what's the name of the rubber wheel your using pre glaze? And can you post pics of the teeth right before going up to glaze?
Im using Brasslers pink porc polishing rubber wheel use it also for FGCs.

IMG_7105 - Copy.JPG
IMG_7106 - Copy.JPG
IMG_7117 - Copy.JPG
IMG_7348 - Copy.JPG
IMG_7327 - Copy.JPG
IMG_7363 - Copy.JPG
IMG_7329 - Copy.JPG

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Stop it Al!

I'm not going back there no matter how much you tease me! :D

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Stop it Al!

I'm not going back there no matter how much you tease me! :D
Rob pfms are hard money compared to emax my lowest profit because of the time 2nd lowest is layered Zir because of outsourcing frames but cake walk to finish compared to pfms

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I like doing them but would be poor if I was a pfm lab. Production would be cut by 1/3

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If you could get your hands on a scanner and print your waxups , I think you could save considerable labour.

Yes I know there's a cost but I found that the physical toll and time spent was worth the trade off.

I've tried cad casting and emax cad but I'm back to having my waxups printed and then cast or press myself.

I don't have an induction machine or welder so it was worth outsourcing but I could see you printing your wax ups.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I second that. The time reduction on milling or printing your wax is amazing. Fit is amazing. And if you have a diagnostic you can just scan it in and 'peek' inside to do your cutback and add support.. no guessing about your support and no silicone matrixes to fool with

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Al. did they do the model work? How did you convince them to used that model system?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
No not the case on this page both the cases on the page before this one. They use pindex system. I did ask them for all ceramic crowns to pour with a tooth colored stone and spacer. Green stone and blue spacer is hard for me to make emax crowns on.
They do perfect model work though even sand the mounting stone.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Doc told me for the house lab he had one case they took 8 months to finish.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Holy frig! How good were the temps?