Restorations Du Jour

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
You'll need to err on the side of it being digitally under expanded just like a inlay how you want it under expanded vs a full crown that you want higher expansion. Ill probably reline the rests with porc or glaze so I can etch them so he can bond it in place. But I don't think it will stay except the funky seating path may hold it on

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Some of these look like value ingots Al?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
awesome case al. It looks a bit more 'satin' finish than your other cases... I find that the zr glazes kinda dull and you have to overfire it to get any shine, and wipe out your texture.. Have you noticed that?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
awesome case al. It looks a bit more 'satin' finish than your other cases... I find that the zr glazes kinda dull and you have to overfire it to get any shine, and wipe out your texture.. Have you noticed that?
I have had to increase my hold time I was under firing and not getting clarity in the porc. I think I have a minute and half hold time.
I think the copings suck the heat away and it is easy to underfire them.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Make sure you have a slow cool as well.

I like the emergence profile of a pfz better. The big difference I find is that your substructure is working with you not against you. ie. islands and linguals.

U

USGooner

Reaction score
Al, absolutely beautiful work! How do you determine your ingot choice when using LT's? Do you go one shade lighter or pick the desired final shade? Also what are you using for your cutbacks ( wheels and disks)? Thanks!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al, absolutely beautiful work! How do you determine your ingot choice when using LT's? Do you go one shade lighter or pick the desired final shade? Also what are you using for your cutbacks ( wheels and disks)? Thanks!
For emax ingot choice is a case by case deal. And for cutback there are specialty stones but I cant remember what it is I use but I will look it up for you.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Make sure you have a slow cool as well.

I like the emergence profile of a pfz better. The big difference I find is that your substructure is working with you not against you. ie. islands and linguals.

Ok Rob this is a special case just for you. Your favorite LOL.
All single unit PFMs I think 22 units.
All with B porc margins. I think they billed out to just under $700 for the margins.

Pics are unedited so there are some dirt specks from the lens and a couple are not straight.
Pretty tricky to occlude them on the solids with out them falling off. I left the contacts tight that helped.
IMG_7600 - Copy.JPG
IMG_7706 - Copy.JPG
IMG_7629 - Copy.JPG
IMG_7702 - Copy.JPG
IMG_7645 - Copy.JPG
IMG_7666 - Copy.JPG
IMG_7669 - Copy.JPG

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Sweet...old school metal occlusals. What's opposing? Way nice Al., I like the shade match of the posteriors and anteriors...anteriors emax?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Sweet , plus you fooled me again from a facial view.. lol
What kind of magic dust did you sprinkle over the opaque.. I see absolutely no opaque show through.
I like your idea of occlusal islands where you have proximal contacts in porcelain which also save on alloy cost..
Why not just use emax, or maybe lack of reduction, or older doc still likes to use pfms as a safety net..

Very nice Al... now I will go cry myself to sleep over your beautiful work I can't match even in my dreams...

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Sweet , plus you fooled me again from a facial view.. lol
What kind of magic dust did you sprinkle over the opaque.. I see absolutely no opaque show through.
I like your idea of occlusal islands where you have proximal contacts in porcelain which also save on alloy cost..
Why not just use emax, or maybe lack of reduction, or older doc still likes to use pfms as a safety net..

Very nice Al... now I will go cry myself to sleep over your beautiful work I can't match even in my dreams...
Charles 2 coats of opaque.
2nd coat I dust with shoulder porc an for the anterior only upper six I do a thin coat of OD and dust with clear then fire and the frame disappears.
At the cervical I use Cervical Trans yellow over the dentin instead of incisal. Warms it up.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Sweet...old school metal occlusals. What's opposing? Way nice Al., I like the shade match of the posteriors and anteriors...anteriors emax?
Opposing is occl composites to get the uppers done. next is the lower.
This is a 35 yo recovering meth addict that wore his teeth to the dentin.