Psychotics...... a patient this Time

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
I think there has been enough dialogue on the other Psychotic Thread, so here's a new one . Let's just kill the past one and move on to support each persons individual talents.

Most people show off their best cases for show and tell..... I'd like to share a real life SAD case I did about 8 years ago and I just stumbled upon the photos on my old harddrive.

I was very involved in the TMJ rehab of this case because she had terrible headaches and pain.....but, we ( the dentist and I ) didn't know to what degree mentally. We got her out of pain for a good length of time. We felt she was stable, so we proceeded to restore the max arch with PFM crowns/bridges. When we first placed the arch and finished the cement, she hugged me with delight and gratitude.

About a month or 2 post-treatment , I get a call from the doctor with the "you're not gonna believe it" preamble and he sends me the after photos . She showed up in his waiting room with her head in her lap and hand over her mouth and proceeds to show the doc her mouth in complete embarassment. She doesn't remember doing what she did to the finished work we did...........using a file from her garage.......

The photos show what a mental disorder can do......

The doctor referred her to a psychiatrist and he recommended her teeth be extracted because she has a self-destructive mental disorder.
pre-op.jpg before psychosis.jpg after psychosis.jpg amount removed.jpg

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Wow, I'm just in awww? It really is such a shame that stuff like this happens.

So what happened? Did all her teeth get extracted?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I've had dentists do that as well.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
We have a patient that has gone from doctor to doctor for the past six years. Similar situation but not quite as extreme. I feel bad for those people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We have a patient that has gone from doctor to doctor for the past six years. Similar situation but not quite as extreme. I feel bad for those people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have had that happen as well but the only problem is she keep going to ALL my clients in town...go figure!!! Crazy case James, imagine if she had a boob job done...yikes!!!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Wow thanks for sharing

user name

user name

Reaction score
A few things seem very odd to me. That she was able to do that damage right up next to the gingiva; that she was embarassed and couldnt remember doing it; ..couple other things Ill skip, but I do see some bubbles in the opaque/porcelain interface that would create areas of weakness...could it be possible she was a victim of abuse and covering for her attacker?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
A few things seem very odd to me. That she was able to do that damage right up next to the gingiva; that she was embarassed and couldnt remember doing it; ..couple other things Ill skip, but I do see some bubbles in the opaque/porcelain interface that would create areas of weakness...could it be possible she was a victim of abuse and covering for her attacker?

Shiny spots on the metal prove there was some grinding going on.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
we got one lady doctor, who a week before her wedding looked in the mirror, held her drill close, and gave herself 10 upper veneers and 6 lower ones.

we were

in shock

to say the least.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I had a Dr ask if we could "Stain" a bridge lighter, make it B1 my typical answer was "depends". We received the A3.5 bridge in that had been tapped off and ground through to the opaque occlusion, it had parts of the abutment teeth still cemented into the bridge
RX says use as much White stain as it takes to make this B1.

I AM PRETTY SURE HE WAS CRAZY.

Same city different client, I get a call from the front office telling me the Dr is getting a crown done and wants to know if I would be willing to do a rush job for her, in return she would give me a lap dance. One of the few times I couldn't get any words out of my mouth.

Must be something in the water.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I had a Dr ask if we could "Stain" a bridge lighter, make it B1 my typical answer was "depends". We received the A3.5 bridge in that had been tapped off and ground through to the opaque occlusion, it had parts of the abutment teeth still cemented into the bridge

Same city different client, I get a call from the front office telling me the Dr is getting a crown done and wants to know if I would be willing to do a rush job for her, in return she would give me a lap dance. One of the few times I couldn't get any words out of my mouth.

Did she turn out to be any good at lap dancing?

user name

user name

Reaction score

If your schedules full, Ill take that one for you John.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
those are lateral file marks

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Don't know about the abuse theory...... could be, but have no info to that regard. If there was an area of weakness, it wouldn't have an effect on her mental condition. What's interesting with her is her claim of no memory for the huge amount of effort it would take to pull a file out of the toolbox and create such vibration and abrasion........

Anything could be possible here.......

Top Bottom