Pre milled base implant abutments question.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
I am looking to outsource my .stl designs to gain more control of design and emergence profile as compared to Atlantis. I am seeking a recommendation for a milling center who will do these timely, accurately and predictably. I have tried a few and have had negative experiences so far. The way the interfaces fit, and over-polishing of the trans mucosal area of the abutment were the main concerns. The over-polish was to the point that my split file substructure had significantly over extended margins that were not present in the design. The ill fit was specifically on Nobel Active within the hex portion, WAY too tight. The fit was in no way comparable to stock interfaces and was present on all six units of this platform that I have had milled so far. Conical Connection/ Noble Active is the most common platform in our lab so these have to be perfect.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
How about sending to Nobel? That's who I use for ALL my Ti abutments. I design with 3shape and send, easy and precise

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
How about sending to Nobel? That's who I use for ALL my Ti abutments. I design with 3shape and send, easy and precise
They do not take open designs, only 3shape and Procera. I need an open architecture option. My options are Dwos 4, which works very well for design and validation, or Exo.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Oh sorry I misunderstood, yeah they "nobel" are slow to adapt to other non mainstream scanners, it was really hard for them to open up to 3shape but they were forced to. I have heard EXO "could" be coming but I would not bet on it.

I

Ikon Dental

Reaction score
We could provide what you need. Do you have a file you can send? PM me... ikondental at gmail

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Ikon, are you using a particular blank that is pre milled or are you milling the interface also. Also do I need to design from a specific library and scan body.

I

Ikon Dental

Reaction score
Hey Ceram1,
Yes it is a pre-milled blank for consistency.
We do have scan bodies and a library, but if your .stl output that you use now has the interface then you can just send that without ordering scan bodies and a library.
Each comes with two screws... email is (ikondental at gmail)

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
What about trucrown?

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Hey ceram1, you should give us a try. We are milling on a Haas and our abutments are coming out better if not equal to the ones you get from the major implant companies suck as Nobel, Zimmer and etc.

We charge $99 for a Ti abutment from a file and if you send the file before 2pm est it goes on that days production. After 2pm it will be milled the following day. We pay for ground and 2nd day shipping back to you overnight shipping is a additional $10.

If you are doing a lot of abutments we can give you our scan bodies and library and upload them to your system.

Or if you have scan bodies you are already using we can work with those as well but we will need the whole file.

If you want to give us a shot I can mill you a abutment at cost and send it back to you to let the quality speak for itself. You can send it to my email at [email protected]

Here are a couple pics I took with on a microscope camera. It doesn't do it justice they are slick as all get out with friction fits.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Dumb question here - why does a milled custom abutment need that ledge at the finish line? I can
see a prefab needing extra room in case DDS need to lower the finish line and you want bulk for that,
but if this is custom, it can go straight to a 'chamfer', right?
LCM

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
This one is a Camlog lcm and that is where the abutment base meets the implant base and sits.

But you are right, like the nobel active and internal hex type abutments there is no 1mm bevel like you see on prefabs with our abutments.

Top Bottom