Praying you can help me!

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
You could use the **** sandwich approach. Say something about it that you like, then something that you want to change, then something you like about it.

Don't worry about offending him. Techs have to have thick skin to be able to survive in this job. And in reality, he has probably delt with a lot worse dentists and patients in his career. You seem
Like a walk in the park compared to a lot of other patients.

The reality of it is, you are paying for him to make you what you want. So you have all the say on what you want and how you want it. Don't walk out of the lab with something you arnt happy with.

C

cabingrl

Reaction score
Thanks for that perspective. I do feel justified requesting a certain shade/shape. But I don't want to demand zirconium if that is not what's best for my case. If they are just using E-max to make them look pretty, then I am willing to sacrifice a little in the "looks" department if it means they will be more durable with zirconium.

I'm just grateful for a second chance. The night these last ones were put in I was so depressed I laid in bed eating cookies watching that Russell Crowe Robin Hood movie...and I stared at Cate Blanchette's beautiful white laterals the whole time. :(

Last edited:
Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Maybe Cate is looking at other people's teeth with admiration...
ai2.listal.com_image_281926_936full_cate_blanchett.jpg
ai2.listal.com_image_281926_936full_cate_blanchett.jpg

C

cabingrl

Reaction score
ha ha! I know, they aren't perfect but at least they're not GRAY!!!!! My features/coloring/teeth resemble Hilary Swanks; very prominent centrals and canines. So I know it's no easy task to make this perfect pair of maryland bridges for me! To give my lab tech some credit...he has NEVER seen me in person, so he did have his work cut out for him trying to match my shade from just reading a lab slip that says "B1 please". After looking at my teeth in the daylight again today I think he'll have no problem seeing the gray I'm talking about.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Looking on the bright side, he may be interested in seeing them in your mouth, and that they look grey ! Regarding debonding... if the luting agent is still on the wing it usually indicates an incorrect tooth etch or moisture control problem. If no composite on the wing its usually a poor or no etch on the bridge ! Also if dentist does not bond very often check material is in date and adhere to instructions .

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Thank you. The woman on the phone (secretary, not tech) was more than gracious. I don't even think they know I'm the hygienist for the practice they are working with and she was still very attentive with my needs and concerns over the phone. I hope they don't think I am expecting the red carpet rolled out, but I am just hoping the tech will be receptive to my requests.

Last time these emax bridges were seated with rely-x and I had a really quick fail on a distal wing. The doc did not etch the tooth, simply dried it off, then they squirted the rely-x on the wings and the prep, stuck it in and cured it with a light. Is that correct? She doesn't do many MBs so seeing as she is my boss I feel I can talk to her a little more candidly about how to do things!

must use separate bonding agent on tooth prior to using luting agent of any kind.....

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
I have seen another bridge that looks like a maryland bridge with no wings that is made with e max, it consist in two parts buccal and lingual which are bonded in the mouth.
i don't know if any of you have seen that?

doug

doug

Reaction score
FWIW, I can't imagine the lab not wanting to try to accommodate making these restorations as great looking as possible. You will now be a walking bill-board for the practice and their choice in labs.

C

cabingrl

Reaction score
I wanted to thank everyone for their input and assistance on here. I did meet with the lab last Friday and even though the tech was justifiably frustrated with me he did say he'd be able to remake them to fix the problem. He was very knowledgeable and saw the problem before I could even say anything. I take full blame for not take time to go in for a custom shade origianlly. I thought writing "B1" on the lab slip was all there was to it, but now I know there is SOOO much more to the process than that! Again, my hasty decision cost everyone more time and my attempt to be "low maintenance" backfired. But he is going to remake them with a BL3 color on the inside and he said that should solve the grey problem. As far as the bonding goes, the lab said they would send some info to my dentist on a product that should work better. It has more steps to it than a self etching cement and it works better. It'll be a few weeks, but I'll try to post pics of the finised product. Again, thanks to all for your time and expertise.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Wow. Why can't you all just work right here in St. Louis so I can get some of those perfect non-grey teeth! I did get to speak to James just now and am so grateful for his knowledge and insight. I feel better prepared to communicate effictively with the tech tommorow. I had no clue a BL shade could be used for the framework, I think that would almost completely solve the color problem! Can't express my gratitude enough for all the input from all of you. The fact that you take time out of your day to help a stranger is so touching. You really are artists! I'll let everyone on here know how tomorrow goes.

Cabin- feel free to send ur case to me in NY via UPS
we can go over you likes , dislikes- do a wax up or copy your temps
with some good digital pics
the offer is out there- no need to be in St. Louis

Greg Amendola MDT

Top Bottom