polishing valplast

Y

Youngren

Reaction score
Who sells the # 3 motloid buffing agent? We alsoget smooth, yet dull polish on our valplasts. I an in the process of trying to sample polishing agents to make our valplast appear smooth and shiny at final polish stage. Thanks, Mike Youngren, CDT

C

CShof

Reaction score
You might try John's technique, he seems to really know his stuff. I haven't polished a valplast in a little over a year since I left my previous lab. I'm not sure if it was the Motloid stuff or not. John and I could be talking about the same thing, it could have been the Tripoli. I remember it looking like a red brick. Looked a lot like the second one from the bottom. (1016634LL) http://www.henryschein.com/us-en/Search.aspx?searchkeyWord=tripoli Maybe he can chime in and give an opinion. It sounds like our technique for removing scratches is different but perhaps our high shine technique is similar except he took it one step further with the blue paste. I always stopped with the red brick and brush wheel.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Not sure what more to add, here is a good site with some info along with a coplete line up of all the sundries. We now use a different polishing compound called mirror shine. It can be found in the technique manual on this site as well.

Valplast® Flexible Partials

M

msherman

Reaction score
Dental Ventures of America has a new polish for acrylic that also works great on Flexible materials; such as Valplast, Flexite, TCS, Dura Flex. It polishes flexibles in a fraction of the time and provides and better shine.
Call them 800-228-6696

C

crivasCDT

Reaction score
transparent UV varnish

sure.
step one:
open valplast or duraflex cartridge and pour material on to dental d machine cartdridge.

step 2:
this depends on the material you are using "im using now the duraflex material
made by cdm dental CDM Dental makers of DuraFlex and DurAcetal , it might be the same but check your temperture anyways.

raise the temperture on the machine to 230 c , once the temperture is 230 insert the cartdridge in and hold for 15 minuts and inject at 8 bar,and turn off the quatro heater inmediatly after injecting.

. "do not insert cartdride while the temperture is going up" only once it has reach the 230 c.

other notes:

while your cartdridge is in the machine , place your open flask into a toaster oven at 250 degree , to dry for 15 minuts,before injecting the case

then close flask and place it in the machine and inject ,,I use 8 bar preassure, because thats what I use for duracetal but I think it can be less with no problem.

once injected I leave it there for about 20 minuts "with the oven off" then take it out of the machine and
cool.

one thing , dont forget to add your separator to the model, I use thin superglue to seal the model before the waxing, and acts like a separator.

Im going to inject 6 this week and try to take pictures.

I recommend the Bredent transparent light-curing varnish for this purpose. It is more durable than superglue, it still serves as a separator and provides a smoother surface finish on injected thermoplastics. XPdent - Light-curing Die Spacers

S

Spatsjd

Reaction score
polishing PMMA,Acetal, Flexite materials

Hey everybody that reads this, DVA will send you a sample...call today 800 228 6696
Dental Ventures of America has a new polish for acrylic that also works great on Flexible materials; such as Valplast, Flexite, TCS, Dura Flex. It polishes flexibles in a fraction of the time and provides and better shine.
Call them 800-228-6696

S

Spatsjd

Reaction score
Shine on Challenge

John: Here's the deal....calll DVA ask for a sample of Acryl-Marvel and enjoy the spare time you will have by saving all those polishing steps...really...800 228 6696 ask for Matt he is very helpful and knowledgeable in how to get an amazing shine. Then let me know how you liked it.
We use fastcut white points for bulk finishing then we move to green and black Dedco jumbos to smooth and get the partial near scratch free. Synthetic pumice with a new rag wheel and b20 brush. Trippoli with a b20 and then a final blue polishing paste with a dead soft rag wheel with med speed with light pressure and water.

I challenge anyone to a shine off :). Oh and if your lazy just wax in festooning and a stipple then you won't have to worry about a high shine :)[/QUOTE]