Picasoft question

M

macminn

Reaction score
We have picasoft with an origin mill. We're running version 3.1.33. It was purchased through b&d. It should be an open system. We're trying to use zirconia pucks, and evidently need a conversion of the shrinkage factor?
I'm pretty confused on this. We've only used the mill for metal to this point, but are converting it to zirconia, and we ran into this issue.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The shrinkage factor is seemingly encoded with a trivial scheme. ..if you post a few before and after values I'm sure we could help...; )

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Every disk has its own shrinkage . When you are creating a new disk , add this value . I think the word is scale . Then you are ready .

ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
Press new, then select zirconia th. and you will find on the right "Scale:"
Untitled.jpg

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
1. You could buy your zirconia from B&D and they will come printed with a 9-letter code that you input which will automatically register each puck's enlargement factor.

2. Do what we did with some Bruxzir material - which had no code - and simply enter in an arbitrary enlargement factor. We used 1.226 for every puck and never had an issue. I know some people on this site will howl about this, but most of the enlaragement factors are between 1.21 and 1.23 so you're only going to be off one or two one-hundredths isn't going to be noticeable clinically.

M

macminn

Reaction score
So RJS8669 is correct, there's a 9-letter code on pucks from b&d. We don't use their pucks anymore. Any idea how to convert their "reference number" to the enlargement factor on a normal puck?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-08-13 at 9.13.37 AM.png
    Screen shot 2014-08-13 at 9.13.37 AM.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 26
ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
So RJS8669 is correct, there's a 9-letter code on pucks from b&d. We don't use their pucks anymore. Any idea how to convert their "reference number" to the enlargement factor on a normal puck?
It may be closed system so you can only use B&D blocks, i don't know.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
So your CAM is closed . Sorry but I think that there is not much you can do .

M

macminn

Reaction score
Actually it is NOT closed, it's an open system.

C

CadCamTech

Reaction score
You can ask B&D for the 9 character code for the scaling factor you need, and keep it- can be entered multiple times for disks with the same factor.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Ron @ TD Dental has nice Zr with the correct code, AND a great price!

Jeff, I think you are OK doing what you did with Bruxzir.

Who cares about +/- a few microns for Zr ??

Top Bottom