Opacity with Cubex

M

macminn

Reaction score
We've been using Cubex for a few months now. Great results. Had a few batches come out too opaque, not the usual translucency. Our high temp is 1500c. Any thoughts?

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
We sintered some in a Thermostar P1 Wieland and evidently the furnace elements were contaminated. Ran some clean/regeneration cycles and it seems to be ok. We are still trying to dial in the shades firing with our Ivoclar S1. Low value, translucent, not the correct hue. We are down to 1450C so I doubt they are overfired. Trying new liquids for fear of contamination from dipping.

M

macminn

Reaction score
GR, thanks for the reply. I'm running the calibration check on the oven right now, will purge next as well. This is a bad pic, but this is not close to what we were getting.

Attachments

• cubex.jpg
    cubex.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 148
M

macminn

Reaction score
We sintered some in a Thermostar P1 Wieland and evidently the furnace elements were contaminated. Ran some clean/regeneration cycles and it seems to be ok. We are still trying to dial in the shades firing with our Ivoclar S1. Low value, translucent, not the correct hue. We are down to 1450C so I doubt they are overfired. Trying new liquids for fear of contamination from dipping.
What did the units look like in the contaminated furnace?

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
No higher than 1460c, slow your cool down to natural cool

J

jgradygdl

Reaction score
I'M HAVING LOTS OF PROBLEMs!!!!!! the majority come out looking worse than our sagemax. there is no contamination after firing scraps. Anyone else having these problems?

J

jgradygdl

Reaction score
have also fired at multiple temps and my scraps of zirconia I fire come out clean.

M

macminn

Reaction score
I've had no issues since purging my oven. They're looking great. We go to 1500c

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
I've fired Imagine on the wrong cycle and it always comes out looking similar. The shade looks the same, really opaque, and yellow. I'm guessing your program is off somehow. Maybe when it's fired too high it vaporizes the dye or something.

EDIT wait that doesn't make sense bc then the dye would vaporize on a regular zi sinter then...

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
One common thing I've noticed is that the oven may have too many units causing opacity. Most ovens have room to fit more units than can reach the proper sintering conditions so a smaller unit like the p1 may be rated at 30 copings and will be based on small thimble copings rather than the full contour. When fired properly the CubeX2 will look almost pearl like in appearance. We had a few come out less translucent and I determined it was oven overload because we reran without changes in the same oven on the weekend and they came out much better. Often times the appearance is the first noticeable difference not as much the mechanical properties.

J

jgradygdl

Reaction score
back to my cubex2 sintering problem. There were several batches on recall. My pucks were in the recall batch from dental direkt. Now I know why my zir. didn't look right. I respect CAP for being honest and doing everything they can to help me and fix the problem Thanks, CAP

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
So I had the same problem. Cube x was coming out more opaque than regular zirconia.
Called the Cap team and they fixed it all up!!!
Problem was a bad batch from dental direkt...
Problems happen but only few have solutions.
After getting cube x discs from a new batch problem was salved!!
TOM MA MAN!!!! YOU CAME THROUGH!!

CUBE X : OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED! :))

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Bad batch was recalled. It was a joke.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
images

Top Bottom