One day dentures, enlighten me...

pdent

pdent

Reaction score
Anyone here working in a one day denture situation? If so could you roughly outline the typical steps involved in an '8 hr mouth reconstruction.' Very curious.
If you are talking about standard dentures, the impression and beeswax bite are taken in the a.m., teeth are set and processed with no try-in, case is delivered in p.m.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
AO4 or Regular immediate denture?

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Maybe it could be done by taking impressions at the consultation appointment and then doing an all on four conversion with the new denture....provided sufficient teeth remain for a bite....

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Maybe it could be done by taking impressions at the consultation appointment and then doing an all on four conversion with the new denture....provided sufficient teeth remain for a bite....
These places take a mushbite, then set teeth, they make your bite you get used to it.

Toothgnome

Toothgnome

Reaction score
If you are talking about standard dentures, the impression and beeswax bite are taken in the a.m., teeth are set and processed with no try-in, case is delivered in p.m.
You are correct. I briefly worked at a "same-day" Denture clinic. Pts come in, get alginates and a mush wax bite registration. I would set the teeth, pass to someone else to wax up. We used colloid flasking and pourable denture resin. 30 min. cure and ready to finish. Delivery by 2 pm.
I was setting 10-15 cases a morning and was fired when the dentist/owner wanted me to do 25 and I refused! (3 months after hire)