New inLab MC 5-Axis "Open" Mill

P

PhilipFlan

Reaction score
Hi
I am considering buying the Inlab mcx5, Eos x5 Scanner and Infire for a new Lab in Peru, South America, but I am getting quoted ridiculous prices from the Sirona Rep here.
1) To give me something to negotiate with, can someone confirm the prices in the USA (or Europe) for these 3:
a) InLabMCX5 Mill
b) Eos X5 Scanner
c) Sirona inFire HTC Super Speed Metal

2) And, is it possible to buy these products ex-Works from Sirona?
Thank you
Philip

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Ok, This is my first time actually posting. I have a two in half one half man lab.
dude-wut.jpg

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
You have no idea what is going on with this system or Sirona.
Posting on DLN like you know something, but really have no clue is the definition of stupidity.
35ko_O try 65k. Find a dental practice that is using this mill, post so you can prove me wrong! Banghead

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Call Karl Oden at Sirona. They have great deals on trade ins mill & scanner
I milled a big molar in EMAX today, 42 mins on fine setting. Not the fastest time out there, but the margins fit were excellent. Loading up all 6 blocks tomorrow

A

AdrianB

Reaction score
Thats a croc for sure, Mohammad... I have several large clients that have dropped off to nothing with me after buying their cerec systems. They realize that they need to pay off their ~ $100k system, so they try to do everything they can with the unit to make it cost effective. I would do the same thing if I was in their place. But to use that old line about how they appreciate the lab more, or increase their volume is really dated and patently false.
Right on the money. Same here

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Call Karl Oden at Sirona. They have great deals on trade ins mill & scanner
I milled a big molar in EMAX today, 42 mins on fine setting. Not the fastest time out there, but the margins fit were excellent. Loading up all 6 blocks tomorrow
Calling members of DLN names because you don't like what they have to say, hilarious.
Karl has an MCX5 he has invited me to see, but I have no interest.
If it is your wish to spend $65k+ so you can grind really big molars in 45 minutes, so be it.

I am proficient in 3Shape, ZirkonZahns software, Inlab, Sum3D, ICam, Vcam, Rhino3D...
I have worked with Sironas MCXE, MCXL, Ineos Red, Ineos Blue, Cerec Intra Oral Scanner, ZZ M1, ZZ S600ARTI, Imes Icore 350i...
So Please understand that I know a thing or two about Sirona and other systems.
Thanks.
Enjoy your $65,000.00 big molar grinder.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Ok, This is my first time actually posting. I have a two in half one half man lab. 80% of the work is emax. I am wanting to come out of the dark ages and can't decide on what's the best scan/mill systems. With that being said, I have been hearing a lot of postitives on Sironas new system. Although, not a fan of HS and how they take business from us labs!
Where have you been hearing these positives about Sirona? Not on DLN you haven't.
If you're serious, there are plenty of threads on DLN discussing milling units and their peripherals, read those threads as they are very helpful.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Where have you been hearing these positives about Sirona? Not on DLN you haven't.
If you're serious, there are plenty of threads on DLN discussing milling units and their peripherals, read those threads as they are very helpful.
Marcus, how did you like the ZZ software? I demoed their scanner and it was actually extremely fast. Just needs less clicks to get the flow more efficient in my opinion.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Tad, I'm curious how your MCX5 won you over compared to the new Select Wet/Dry that mills emax faster, emax blocks sold cheaper to Select buyers, includes a disks changer, and both almost the exact same price.
What's the missing facts about the MCX5 we aren't aware of ?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Marcus, how did you like the ZZ software? I demoed their scanner and it was actually extremely fast. Just needs less clicks to get the flow more efficient in my opinion.
Everything was very fast. It was mostly used for full contour zirconia. We waxed the casts up and scanned the wax so this was also a speedier process. The mill was satisfactory except if I remember we had 3 tools, so I was always changing tools per job. The mill didn't have a tool holder, it had 3 spindles that held 3 tools. It didn't make a lot of sense. But having 3 spindles has its pros and cons. I would be happy with 5 or more tools in a changer... The software was similar to the rest of the leading software's. Easy to use and understand process tree like the rest. I don't know what the ZZ systems cost, but depending on the price I would call it a good system. Oh and the mill was a pain to clean, a lot of tight spaces.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Very happy so far. Burs prices for EMAX burs $39
The 3 EMAX just milled and zir bridge earlier all fit great, margins
Are clean and dead on. I have to agree CAD just looks better.
No wax, investing, devesting or acid.... TIME. Well worth it;)

G

goku_zirconia

Reaction score
So the lab I work in has an MC-X5. We just got it in June this month. I'm sure most of you know that it's a user friendly system, but that actually causes some real issues

1. There is no way to mil the same restoration on the same disc/block
2. There is almost no control on nesting other then basic placement and spur placement
3. You cannot mill anything with an access hole in it if its coming from a third party system (3Shape etc)
4. There are no backups of the disc or blocks, so if you happen to accidentally delete one, your screwed
5. If for some reason you have to stop the mill and cancel a project, the software will stamp out the restoration as if it finished milling. If an error message shows up and forces you to stop a project, that project is now stamped out on the disc/block.
6. The burr % is always wrong. I'm having to change out burrs at 60%
7. The air pressure from the compressor your using has to be at or above 102psi. Also if there is ever something off with the air pressure, the spindle will drop the burr and you get an error message and are forced to cancel any project your working on which then causes issue #5
8. The sensor for the vacuum is in the back where the hose to the vacuum is. So with dust going in there constantly, this sensor gets blocked and you have to perform weekly maintenance to ensure it doesn't cause an error message.
9. Its not a true 5-axis mill. They lied. I can tell because we have a Zirkonzahm M5 and it's a real 5-axis and when the M5 mills a frame bridge, the embrasures are milled properly. On the MC-X5 the embrasures are not milled out properly.

So other than that, its a great mill. Its incredibly fast so you can mill out 20 units in about 3 hours, more or less, and the vacuum is placed properly to give maximum suction which leads to less dust in the unit....and thats about it when it comes to the pro's...

G

goku_zirconia

Reaction score
Everything was very fast. It was mostly used for full contour zirconia. We waxed the casts up and scanned the wax so this was also a speedier process. The mill was satisfactory except if I remember we had 3 tools, so I was always changing tools per job. The mill didn't have a tool holder, it had 3 spindles that held 3 tools. It didn't make a lot of sense. But having 3 spindles has its pros and cons. I would be happy with 5 or more tools in a changer... The software was similar to the rest of the leading software's. Easy to use and understand process tree like the rest. I don't know what the ZZ systems cost, but depending on the price I would call it a good system. Oh and the mill was a pain to clean, a lot of tight spaces.

I thought you could add at least 1 more spindle onto the spindle holder. When I was doing repairs on the M5, tech support went me a picture on how to remove a spindle and on it, it had 4 spindles.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So the lab I work in has an MC-X5. We just got it in June this month. I'm sure most of you know that it's a user friendly system, but that actually causes some real issues

2. There is almost no control on nesting other then basic placement and spur placement
3. You cannot mill anything with an access hole in it if its coming from a third party system (3Shape etc)
4. There are no backups of the disc or blocks, so if you happen to accidentally delete one, your screwed
5. If for some reason you have to stop the mill and cancel a project, the software will stamp out the restoration as if it finished milling. If an error message shows up and forces you to stop a project, that project is now stamped out on the disc/block.
7. The air pressure from the compressor your using has to be at or above 102psi. Also if there is ever something off with the air pressure, the spindle will drop the burr and you get an error message and are forced to cancel any project your working on which then causes issue #5
8. The sensor for the vacuum is in the back where the hose to the vacuum is. So with dust going in there constantly, this sensor gets blocked and you have to perform weekly maintenance to ensure it doesn't cause an error message.
9. Its not a true 5-axis mill. They lied. I can tell because we have a Zirkonzahm M5 and it's a real 5-axis and when the M5 mills a frame bridge, the embrasures are milled properly. On the MC-X5 the embrasures are not milled out properly.

So other than that, its a great mill. Its incredibly fast so you can mill out 20 units in about 3 hours, more or less, and the vacuum is placed properly to give maximum suction which leads to less dust in the unit....and thats about it when it comes to the pro's...
So it sounds like there will be a lot of wasted material? From my three years with sirona mcxl, it was miserable. I'm sure things are better now but I keep seeing the same type of crap happening on the Facebook inlab study group. Sad thing is I've actually started to consider getting back into sirona. (Shame)

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
I am having the same problems with my MCX5. It is not a TRUE 5 axis and is requiring a lot of time to finish the restoration by hand. Embrasures, not milled arias bellow or above the sprues on frameworks and so on.
They say that the new software that comes out in September will take care of most of the problems. I will bereave it when it happens.
The mill is very accurate when I mill zirconia cases only. I have not been able to get accurate results in wax. I am talking about the fit. I tried to play with setting but I just cant get it right. I was told that the smallest bur it uses on the inside of the crown is 1mm. We also have 0.5mm but only for outside. I am thinking that this can be the reason for my poor fits in wax.
What do you think?

Last edited:
Top Bottom