new info zirconia good or bad

D

David Friedman

Reaction score
Hi all I just had a client return from taking a course, He related to me that Zirconia should not be used. He is working on getting me the literature. He said Zirconia should never be used as an implant abutment or even as a substructure. I am interested if any one has any good info on this. The only thing he mentioned was the rough nature of Zirconia if the glaze gets removed. Thanks in advance

C

charles007

Reaction score
Please post the name of the doctor or tech that gave the lecture, and tell your client they should ask for a refund to hear such garbage.

Any chance this info came from the White House ?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Every time a zirconia crown is milled, an angel gets its wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
imma stop for a while. let it blow up in your faces then sit back and have a good laugh..
M.O.H. HARDNESS SCALE
learn it. undestand it.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, so what your saying is:

An unnamed client attended a course, given by an unnamed clinician who said don't use zirconia, maybe because its rough if adjusted?

As an aside, living in VT, I'm all for global warming.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
The only thing I have seen is a study that was published showing implant wear when zirconia abutments are used. The study did conclude that it would be best not to have zirconia interface with the fixture. Other than that I have never seen anything significant other than chipping or delimitation of layered ceramics on zirconia frames.

C

charles007

Reaction score
That's exactly what I've read and learned so far Bob.. I will continue to use zirconia as it improves into the second generation so to speak, and until we have better materials to mill and press.
Bob, if you saved all the articles/studies on zirconia/ pfz, and emax ...it would be nice if you, or anyone else would start a new thread with posts of all the articles published for everyone to read. Its really to much work for one person to post, but would be very helpful and add more creditability for the use of zirconia, not that it needs it ! Just HATE for non creditable articles/studies to be posted Again on a new thread. If anyone has articles published by Dr. Edward McLaren on zirconia techniques, that would be a "must have" in a thread like this.
I have stacks of lab and dentist trade magazines I saved on articles on all ceramics, but it might take a week or two to sort through.
A better idea might be for several of us to share information to sort out and post as a group. I would be glad to scan/ mail copies of everything I have Bob hint hint lol I bet you have every article ever written on zirconia....
Another idea for a new thread ... Zirconia for Dummies, from A to Y

Charles
VP of Ideas & BS

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Charles, Great idea! I'll post a couple tomorrow on a new thread.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
What you have to do is to google dental zirconia and you have everything there about the subject!!.

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
only problems I have had is zirconia abutments fracture no other probs

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
There are good and bad in everything and everybody including me and you, nothing and nobody are perfect except ( some self proclaimed perfect luny-techs) and GOD!!.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
the lecture the dentist went to sounds like an ivoclar backed presentation I get this from 1 or2 clients approx 3 times a year they ring me I tell them my view .We go on making zirconia crowns no problems everytime a lecturer bangs on about how bad zirconia is they loose some cred as the theories why zirconia was going to fail tend to fade with time.zirconia restorations have been around for 13-14 years now.this might help your dentist client .

Top Bottom